1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rest In Peace: 15-Yr Old Gay Youtube Star “Jamie Hubley” Commits Suicide

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Dublin Boy, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Just came across this today & it's so sad, it really touched my heart, I guess you Canadian Guys will be more familiar with this story about Jamie Hubley, a 15 year old Canadian Gay Guy that committed suicide, the following was the last blog that he posted!

[​IMG]

“I hate being the only open gay guy in my school… It f***ing sucks, I really want to end it. Like all of it, I not getting better theres 3 more years of highschool left, Iv been on 4 different anti -depressants, none of them worked. I’v been depressed since january, How f***ing long is this going to last. People said “It gets better”. Its f***ing bull****. I go to see psychologist, What the f*** are they suppost to f***ing do? All I do is talk about problems, it doesnt make them dissapear?? I give up.”

“Im a casualty of love.

Well, Im tired of life really. Its so hard, Im sorry, I cant take it anymore.

First Id like to mention my friends Nancy, Abby, Colleen, jemma, and Kasia

Being sad is sad : /. I’v been like this for way to long. I cant stand school, I cant stand earth, I cant stand society, I cant stand the scars on my arms, I cant f***ing stand any f***ing thing.

I dont want my parents to think this is their fault either… I love my mom and dad : ) Its just too hard. I dont want to wait 3 more years, this hurts too much. How do you even know It will get better? Its not.

I hit rock f***ing bottom, fell through a crack, now im stuck.

My favorite singers were lady gaga , Adele , Katy perry, and Jessie james, Christina aguilara and most of all I think KASIA!!! I LOVED Singing, and she helped me a lot : ) Im not that good at it though :”/, Im going to miss you guys
    (well You know who you are, But to the people who didnt like me (many) A big f*** you, Go ride a unicorn. But w/e I love you anyway.)

Remember me as a Unicorn :3 x) MAybe in my next life Il be a flying squirreel

Il fly away.”

2. Wow, this is just awful :frowning2:

I mean no disrespect, but he was a cutie too.

3. Monocle

Out Status:
    Some people
    This is awful. What a bright young kid... devastating when this happens. I'm so sorry he felt this way, like he had no other options.

This is why being out and proud is so important. We've got to set an example for our struggling youth. :cry:

4. Dalmatian

I know I'm wrong in this, but I find it really, really angers me to see all those caring, shocked faces now.

5. No you're absolutely right. Our society progresses very, very late.

6. Alexander69

O.m.g...... I just cried I...... OMG..... I wish I could have helped him...... I can't stand to think he felt like that. OMG....WTF is wrong with people. To make someone feel this way how can they live with themselves!? OMG his parents..... His poor parents OMG my heart is with them. I can't imagine the pain they feel the sadness they have...... OMG.... I..... OMG. His note..... OMG the poor child poor boy :frowning2:

7. Thatoneguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    [youtube]Wh1jNAZHKIw[/youtube]

Rick Mercer weighed in on it, with a familiar quote. VVV

8. Naren

Another casualty of a sick society. Rest in peace.

9. Italy or Bust

Oh shit. I spent a good part of today listening to "it gets better" clips on YouTube and I can't stand that this poor kid went through so much shit.

Attending a Pflag meeting in a few minutes.

10. Thatoneguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Also in reference to my post, this is what spurned me into coming out. What Mercer said, about needing to be out in the lime light, I seen too many kids get bullied in high school and I know how rough it is for them.

11. The Dude

Great youtube link Thatoneguy...

A girl in my grade committed suicide about six months after senior year of high school. So many people I've talked to feel some sort of guilt, for either bullying or being a bystander. Its a shame bullying doesn't hit home until its too late.

Rest in Peace Jamie

12. RedMage

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    But that's how society rolls, ignore anything until it becomes sensational enough for them to care. Unfortunately the death of people fall into that cycle.

May he rest in peace.

13. BornInTexas

Too true. =/

Rest in Peace, Jamie. :icon_sad:

14. Thieves

Thieves Guest

Out Status:
    A few people
    God, I can't believe this, why do I feel like I keep hearing about this kind of thing more and more lately? Or is it just my imagination? It's terrible to think of how his life got cut so incredibly short. This truly brings me down and brings sadness in my heart.
    I hope he rests in peace and is finally in a better place, wherever that may be.

15. Kay

Kay Guest

These stories are far to common among us. Will we ever find true peace and acceptance. his pain touches me greatly. Jamie says “I hate being the only open gay guy in my school… It f***ing sucks,... He felt alone when there are others in hiding who may have saved his life. I wish it were easier to come out of the closet. I wish we would all stand up in unity and say hey we are gay. The world would know who we are. Harvey Milk who was gunned down was openly gay and he called for everyone to come out when business could fire you for being queer and people around came out and the laws changed and we were protected. Maybe we should sometimes think of what we risk when we come out. Maybe it won't be as bad as we anticipate. I lost my home. I am not sure what is to high a price to pay for coming out. Maybe if one two or three more gays came out in his school we would not be reading this story and filled with sadness. Hugs Jamie and Rest in Peace.

16. BiWidow

Gay Ottawa teen who killed himself was bullied - Ottawa - CBC News

This is a news article about Jamie Hubley. His dad's a city councilor in the Ottawa area. The sad thing is so many other kids are bullied and commit suicide that we don't hear about. People and the media don't listen until someone well-known (in the community or otherwise) is affected by tragedy.

17. Oddish

Oddish Guest

My heart sinks lower and lower every time I witness these stories. It's a shame that in society, some of us can't be ourselves without being tormented to the brink of suicide. He seemed like such a sweet boy too. More reason to hate the scum who inhabit this world.

My condolences to him, his family, and friends. Rest in peace.

18. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

I think this particular case of Jamie Hubley happened sometime last year, but yeah it's really sad. I think the worst thing is that these kids really are just completely alone and have nobody to turn to to support them, which is why they have nothing but despair and feel there is no way out. Hard even to think about the sort of pain and anguish Jamie must have felt inside to ultimately end his life like that... :frowning2:

Nice, talented, cute young people with so much potential and so much to give the world committing suicide because of bullying by scumbags who will probably grow up to be career criminals...a sickening situation at every level.

19. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Great Video :eusa_clap

20. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    really sorry ... im sure these bullies have no idea how this is going to affect them when they get older...