1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stress relieves??

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Wowguy, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Wowguy

I'm completely over-stressed because of school. I have major assignments due this week, I really need some advice on stress relief! I'm progressing on the assignments pretty well, It's just so hard to concentrate, when all i can think about it is 'Oh my, I'm not going to finish on time'. This whole thing got me so exhausted, i can't even eat, i don't have an appetite, and my hands are shaking like crazy! :bang::tears:
    How you do you guys solve these problems? Any tips? I can't take to much time off, because I'm running out of time.
    Thanks!

2. mwaffles

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Uh, Idk... I'm a really stressed person naturally. Nowaday I'm so calm it's weird, even my mom said, and we are all thinking it's because of the medicine I'm taking for my hormones, so... yeah. I'm not gonna say it's because of it totally, because I've been really thinking about positive stuff, and you should as well!
    Instead of saying "I'm not going to finish it", relax for about 10 minutes, don't do nothing, just be there thinking and stuff and then you go like "I'm gonna finish that shit". It always work for me, if I say "I'll do it", I do, then. But if I'm like "oh... idk, i'm not gonna finish it", then you are setting your mind to not finishing it. Does that make sense? Set your mind to DO stuff. YOU have the control, you know? So... when you go to sleep, think "I'm not gonna be stressed tomorrow", and BOOM. It always works with me.

3. swimmertriangle

When I'm super stressed and have a lot to do, I usually stop for a minute, take a deep breath, and make like a list of EVERYTHING I need to do. It actually helps me when I can see what I need to get done. Whatever you do, don't go on social websites, because before you know it the clock will say that it's been like an hour.
    Also, wear something comfortable! I find that when I'm wearing uncomfortable clothes I feel even more stressed and like I can't do anything.
    Listening to music helps too, because it gives me something else to focus on. I actually have a homework playlist with songs that really help me get in the zone (is that an appropriate saying for homework? lol)

4. Wowguy

Thank you guys! I really appreciate you helping me!!!! I'll update you guys on how I'm progressing! :slight_smile:

5. Meowcenaries

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    sleep and buy a cat, they're the bomb

6. Wowguy

I'm more of a dog person, but thank's for the tip anyways! :slight_smile: You guys rock!

7. PinkFluff

Masturbation. :wink:

8. Wowguy

Oh my, i was waiting for someone to shoot this answer haha! :icon_bigg:thumbsup:

9. PinkFluff

It's not like its not known to be a stress reliever :icon_wink

10. Wowguy

LOL, true, but I was thinking of something more discrete :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    If everything else falls, I'll follow your advice HAHA! :thumbsup:

11. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    dont think this works... but i usually smoke when im stressed... always has done the trick for me...

(i know smoking aint for everyone so no hating yeah?)

12. Wowguy

Yeah, I know people who smoke when they're stressed!
    No, I ain't hatin', I know how it feels to be judged.. :slight_smile:
    I don't smoke, and i don't think i ever will, so this advice is pretty much useless for me! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    But thanks for sharing anyways, it's nice to see people responding to my thread :slight_smile:
    Peace out!:thumbsup:

13. leer

maybe talk to your friends who have been in the same situation or talk with an adviser if the school-collage had one . I would at least try and give yourself a manageable time scale to achieve what you want to .