1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So i met this guy on a gay app that many of you recognize

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BillCozby, Mar 19, 2013.

1. BillCozby

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Anyway i met him on the gay app and the conversation was great and he seems sweet.After that he said his phone was about to die.I said okay and then he called me drunk lol And he was driving!I asked him if he was okay and should he be driving...he said he wasnt too drunk and i said okay.I told him to be careful and he said okay and the conversation ended(because i live with my parents and if my mom caught me talking to a guy idk what would happen) I explained that to him and he understood but now he hasnt texted me back yet...Does drunk dialing mean anything..i mean of all ppl he calls me after i just met him that same day lol

2. BudderMC

At the risk of being really judgemental and having people flame me down for it, if he's calling you while drunk driving, he isn't worth talking to.

On a more serious note, if you want to know if he thinks anything of you, you make the next move. Call him and see.

3. Wolfie Charm

I gotta agree with BudderMC. Bad experiences with the drinking and driving crew. But I also agree with his suggestion to see what the guy thinks of you.

4. photoguy93

Yeah, it kind of turns me off.....what did you talk about? Was he driving and possibly wanting you to say "why don't you come over and park your car...."

Seriously, though. With websites like that (especially if it was one that is a function on a blender) you have to know that a lot of those guys want sex. If you're looking for a relationship, don't go there.

5. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I also tend to agree with Budder. People willing to drive drunk AND talk on the phone while doing so are both irresponsible with their own life and with the lives of others, and not worth your time.

But to answer your specific question, people drunk dial almost anyone, so I wouldn't put much of anything, positive or negative, into the conversation. I would, however, find someone else. And, honestly... you're a lot more likely to find a healthy relationship almost anywhere other than the application you're using.

6. photoguy93

To the OP - why were you using this app? I know some of us are saying to not use it...but do you have other option?

7. BillCozby

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just to meet new friends.I know the app is about sex but i dont want that :icon_bigg

8. BudderMC

^ you do realize that's like looking for a chicken in a lion den, right? Not unheard of, but super unlikely.

9. Monocle

Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, I have to second this notion.

Uh, I'm not sure if it's against the rules to mention it but there are dating sites out there if you're looking for a relationship. Most of them are open to people who're just looking for friends, too.

10. BudderMC

^ as long as you aren't mentioning specific sites, you're good to go. :slight_smile:

11. June Cleaver

^I third this notion! Be ware of any guy on those things. Most are scummy and riddled with disease. He has given you a clue of his charicter by driving drunk and even worse playing with a phone too. So that shows he has no respect for others and he will have no respect for you. I would say find a better way to meet friends. June

12. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To be fair, it's not an accurate characterization to say that most users of said app are "scummy and riddled with disease."

It is true that the vast majority of people using that app are highly promiscuous and interested mostly in hookups. It's also true that people who are promiscuous are, simply by law of averages, more likely to have STIs, simply because they have more sex (and tend to be more sloppy about using protection.) I'm just not comfortable with labeling most people who use that app as "scummy and riddled with disease."

All that said... no offense to the OP but it's pretty ridiculous to try and find a friend using that app, because very few people there will be looking for friends. Even if they go out with you once or twice and claim they're fine not having sex... you'll find after one or two outings that if you don't put out, most to almost all of them won't have any further interest in talking, so you might as well save yourself the disappointment. Same generally goes for people you meet in bars and clubs.