1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay books in Dubai

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by GlindaRose, Mar 25, 2008.

1. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow I never saw this happening because Dubai's meant to be really homophobic.

I was at the mall, we were about to go to the cinema but we were early so I went into the book shop next door. I went searching for authors of gay books (I do it automatically these days) but didn't expect to find anything because I never had before and Dubai's homophobic.

Therefore I was pleasantly surprised when I came across gay books by Julie Ann Peters. I actually bought one called 'Far from Xanadu'. Unfortunately they didn't have 'Keeping you a secret', which I really want to get my hands on one day, but what the heck, just there being gay books there at all is something. :slight_smile:

2. Lily

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hey!
    Over here its common to see her books. I've been wanting to read both of those....not brave enough to actually buy it...but they look good! I think Barnes and Noble is a world wide supplier...they should have it!