1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Angry Fathers

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by izzyblue1456, Mar 20, 2013.

1. izzyblue1456

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I came out to my mom awhile back and just last night I came out on Facebook because I've been sick of hiding who I'am. Everyone has been very positive about it and have been very supportive. My dad on the other hand didn't have any idea and is very angry about the whole thing. I really don't care what he thinks because he has never been there for me at any point in my life and he is always a real jerk and treats me like s**t. So needless to say I couldn't care less what he thinks. I don't even think of him as a father anymore and have other people that are more supportive that him. To me and the rest of my family for that matter he is just sort of a roommate.

So does anyone else have a parent that is like this?

2. worriedWardrobe

Our fathers sound very similar. He was hardly around until I was six, and never made an effort to bond with me. He's not my dad; he's just my father.

3. FallenAngel

FallenAngel Guest

I definitely do. I wrote about it in my "Preventing Homosexuality" thread. It's sick how the two people that are supposed to love us unconditionally, are usually the first ones to abandon us. I'm sorry you have to go through this :/

4. izzyblue1456

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Its good to know that I'm not alone in this. Thanks for your responses and best of luck to you all.

5. thekspot

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yep that sounds like my father too. I am out to my mom and not yet to my father, not sure if I will come out to him as he is so distant it doesnt even matter what he thinks.

6. Aubu

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm not out, but yes I do have a similar parent, well my parent is on the extreme side of dislike for gays. Glad that you have people around to support you. Good luck to you Izzy and congrats on coming out.

7. BornInTexas

Congratulations on coming out, Izzy! Glad it went well with the others.

As for your father, we're in the same boat.
    Best of luck!

8. izzyblue1456

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks BornInTexas. It really sucks having crappy people for parents.

9. PurpleRain

Skyrim... I have no life, and enjoy it. :D
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ugh.... My stomach just turned a little bit. I'm so nervous about having tell my dad I'm trans*...:eusa_sick

10. AKTodd

Hrm. My dad is busy spending the rest of eternity contaminating the water table back home, but if I had ever come out to him, anger would have been the least of my concerns (I made it very clear what would happen to him if 'anger' ever came into the mix again long before I figured out I was gay). He was the sort of person (and I use the term loosely) who would have tried to...use that information. Not because he would have been unhappy about it, but just because he could and it would cause the family problems.

Bleh.

Todd