1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Haven't Been Around in a While

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AlexisAnne, Mar 21, 2013.

1. AlexisAnne

Hi everybody,

Aside from trying to keep up with conversations on my wall and private messages, I really haven't been around EC much these past two or three months. My life has been busy and exciting, and I haven't had as much online time as I'd like to have had in general. Things are starting to settle down a little bit though, at least for the moment, so I'm hoping to spend a bit more time here. I thought I'd start by updating you all on what's been going on in my life.

Many of you know, that I'm Transgender, and that starting in or around September or October, I began a mass coming out campaign, coupled with beginning therapy to ultimately begin transitioning from male to female. As I chronicled on this site, aside from a couple of minor issues, my coming out and announcement of my intent to transition was met with almost universal support. :slight_smile: The couple of stumbling blocks were a woman I know on Facebook, whom I used to work with, and my father. After telling him I was in therapy for gender issues, and receiving a response that, while not terrible or nearly as bad as I'd expected, was not extremely promising either. As such I'd been planning to move out (from living with him and my sister) around July. I think that pretty much sums up where I was sitting the last time we spoke.

Here's what's been going on since. I've already moved. A friend of mine and his boyfriend, both of whom are completely supportive of my decision and encouraging even, offered to let me come live with them for half of what I was paying in rent at home. So, at the beginning of March, I moved. I'm still working on how to tell my father, but at least I don't have to hide at home anymore. :slight_smile:

Something else exciting happened at the beginning of March as well. I began HRT on March 5th, coincidentally my birthday. :slight_smile: I've been on them for almost three weeks now and, although I'm obviously not noticing drastic life changing changes yet, I am noticing some small things and it's extremely exciting! This has the other effect of putting a clock on how long I have to tell my father the rest of my story as eventually, the decision is going to be taken out of my hands.

I've made a couple of local Trans* friends through a Trans* group that my therapist started, which is also extremely cool. One in particular that I think has the potential for long term friendship beyond the condition of being Trans* together.

My work knows full well about my current life path, and although I don't yet present female there, they know it's probably coming within the next several months, and there don't seem to be any issues there. Outside of work, I try to present female almost all of the time. Obviously I don't pass upon close inspection, but nobody really seems to mind and I've become quite comfortable in public settings now. My friend, who's been on hormones for roughly a year give or take, told me once that she was surprised at how comfortable and confident I seemed when we were out and about.

In short, this is probably the most exciting and amazing time in my life, and it's probably in many ways, just going to get better. Since this site, and the wonderful people here have been such a major component in helping me get where I am, I wanted to share these thoughts and feelings with all of you. Hopefully I'll be able to hang around a bit more and give a little back to all of you.

For better or worse, I love this community! :slight_smile:

2. nikom87

Wow that is so awesome. I am so happy for you! I wish you nothing but the best on you continuing journey. I am really inspired by your courageousness. :slight_smile:

3. AlexisAnne

Thank you :slight_smile: As well as things are going right now, I have to admit that as I was coming out, starting therapy, going out in public, and starting hormones, I spent about 95% of my time scared sh*tless. :lol: I have to say though that I've never felt more alive.

4. PurpleRain

Skyrim... I have no life, and enjoy it. :D
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wonderful! I'm so happy for you! I'm going to therapy soon and after my first session will be the beginning of my coming out and transition. I hope everything goes well for you! :grin:

5. AlexisAnne

I wish you the best PR :slight_smile: Feel free to visit my wall if you ever want to talk. I'm more than happy to share my coming out experiences, therapy experiences, and what little Hrt experience I have thus far.

I'm excited for what's coming up for you, and hope that it goes well! :slight_smile:

6. AlexisAnne

One more thing to add: I'm going to work as Alexis for the first time tonight. Wish me luck!

7. Kay

Kay Guest

Lexi, this is so great I am thrilled for you love many many hugs and kisses!!

8. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi again! I do remember you and I too haven't been on much lately, though that is a common theme with me. Welcome back, your story I'm sure is inspiring to many of us here at EC. I myself find them interesting.

Good luck with work tonight! I hope to see a post of how it goes, if you feel up to it. :slight_smile: