1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me make an animation in favor of Gay Marriage!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by oblina, Mar 21, 2013.

1. oblina

Hello!:icon_bigg

I'm a graphic design student taking an infographics class and I am about to create about a 1 minute long animated infographic with the statistics of how many gay people there are (people would be surprised!) and all the rights these people are missing out on by not being allowed to marry, and other statistics on gay marriage.

I need imagery to use! I have been thinking of rainbows, female/male symbols, etc but is there anything else that makes you think LGBTQ? I will also be making posters and concepts for bus stop awareness signs.

Here is one of my preliminary ideas, using the symbols to create stick figures in love~
    [​IMG]

What do you think? Have any ideas?

2. worriedWardrobe

That's a really kool idea! I'd love to see it when you're finished

3. SpitfireXSoarin

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'll just throw up some ideas and hope they help~
    (Feel free to change, alter, and use any of these to your hearts content)

I think that if you used the symbols that you could make them like dual tone like blue for male and pink for female with black legs to show them. You could also have them move together and just have the bottom (legs and such) to dissolve to white leaving the symbols.

If you do something about trans* individuals you could animate a butterfly (with the colors of the trans* flag) to like flutter into the screen. Then you could have trans* related stuff appear on its wings or around it.

You could use two lipstick marks/kisses to symbolize two girls in love.

Edit- I put butterflies because they symbolize transformation and trans* individuals in case your not familiar to the symbolic reference.

#3 SpitfireXSoarin, Mar 21, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
  4. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  5. Lark

Lark Guest

Unicorns. Pink triangles. Rainbows.

And that idea sound purty cute. Good luck with your project!

6. 461 467

Unicorns and rainbows are a bit too stereotyped, in my opinion. I would stick with LGBT-related imagery that promotes a positive and respectable image. The rainbow flag is a good choice, however.

I like the double Venus symbol concept, but the double Mars does not work quite as well, since the Mars symbol is usually oriented with the arrow pointing northeast. That being said, be sure to show the double Venus first, or show both together, so that people "get it."

7. oblina

Thank you all so much for the suggestions!

@DublinBoy, I love that heart with the rainbow in it! I'll probably take some inspiration from it ^.^

@461467(how did you come up with that name?) I'm definitely going to stay away from literal rainbows and unicorns, while they're great suggestions they wont really work for bringing people on to our side of the cause! I think your right about the angle of the mars sign, I never would have thought of that! I may show it first in its original position, then rotate and duplicate it to end in the design above.

8. 461 467