1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ear piercing

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Hopeful, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Hopeful

Hey, I have a question: I've heard there's a "gay" side to get pierced. I currently have two piercings, one in each ear. I'm thinking of getting a second on one side - right next to the other. I don't want a cartilage piercing right now (maybe in the future!). So, which side is considered "gay" or not?

I'm identifying my sexuality as "curious" right now, so I'd really love to think about which side would be proper for me to get pierced. I've also heard that it's more for the men and for a woman it's not as big a deal.

2. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    i dont know if its right, but guys with studs in their right ear only were considered a swinger...

3. Kat kanu

I have my left side pierced hmmmm didn't really think about it

4. Hopeful

I'm right handed and I wear my watch on my left wrist... so if I were to choose a side, the left side is where I'd get the piercing. I just don't know what the meaning could be behind the side I choose.

5. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    left side is the norm... and not many people pierce just the right side so thats why they say only swingers would pierce only the right ear...

6. robclem21

I believe this idea is mostly geared towards guys, and I know with guys, the "gay" side is the right side only. More commonly either just the left or both is considered more "straight".

I don't think it really matters with girls though as pierced ears are much more common.

7. Hopeful

Thanks - that's kind of what I thought but wasn't sure if it was something I'd heard before or just made up.

8. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

I only have one ear pierced; my left one

9. mwaffles

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have 2 piercings in each ear uhh. Although I used to have a 3rd one on the left side. But I don't think that girls have this "rule", at least here in Brasil, I guess if not EVERY girl, most girls get their ears pierced when they are still a baby, like, in the hospital they pierce baby girl's ears. So, at least here we don't give a shit about that, since everyone has their ears pierced. But boys are different, and even then, here in Brasil they don't have this whole "the gay ear" thing.

10. Alexander69

Left is right right is wrong that's the saying

11. nonotreally

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    The right side is definitely considered the "gay" side. Unfortunately, such a distinction is mad. I remember my father imparting this very vital piece of information to me when I was little.

12. picknmix

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have the cartilage in the the top of my left ear pierces and in right ear i have my tragus pierced, went for my tattoo the other day to be told by the female there that having mt tragus pierced screams gay I am not too sure though

13. Beware Of You

I have an industrial (aka Scaffold) piercing on my left ear and I am getting one done on my right as well.

I got since by boyfriend is into piercing thought I would look cute with one and to be fair I love my scaffolding.

14. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

I say go with whichever side it would look better on or you want it on.