1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So, when you like someone...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Akatosh, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Akatosh

There's this guy I met last weekend, and I definitely developed a crush on him. I added him on facebook, got his number, etc.. he lives in a city 150 miles away. I like him, but I don't know if he likes me. I analyze the messages between us, which have been few. I waited 4 days to text him after I got his number. I'm trying to just chill the f*** out, so I don't come off as needy, I guess.. I really just don't want to hurt the chance, if there is one. I've texted him twice today.. I just don't know if we're both doing the same "playing it safe" with niceties, etc, or if he's just being nice and replying. I could definitely use more gay friends, and would be happy to have him as a friend. I feel like if he senses that I like him, that he'll distance himself out of friend zone.

Does anyone else act like a computer figuring out a complicated math problem when they like someone?

On the other hand, I also met this other guy last weekend who texts me everyday. I think he likes me. I've been contrasting the two conversations to find similarities between the two, so I'll know what's happening in the conversation with the guy I like. I think I'm overthinking this. No, I'm overthinking this. :bang:

2. photoguy93

Not only is this an already difficult thing, you have more layers. The distance is definitely an issue. If he is interested, he might not want to get involved because it's a tricky thing.

I was just talking with my therapist about this. This guy is gay, right? Just making sure.

Secondly, odds are - he isn't interested. It's important to say that to yourself, just as a bit of a pillow if he turns out to not be.

What kind of signs is he showing? What is he doing that sets you off? I'm here to listen and we can talk about it. It is important to work these things through. We can't possibly give a sure fire answer here, but a lot of us can give advice. But yeah, I totally feel like a big old computer trying to figure out if a guy is even interested in .. Guys! It is incredibly complicated.

In terms of the other guy...are you not interested? You shouldn't compromise....but of he's closer and seems interested...and you like him, then seems pretty obvious.

3. Akatosh

He's openly gay. I read somewhere once that men who are freshly out of the closet have to learn dating all over again. I see where I want to be and the type of people I want to attract, but I'm still young in developing confidence in who I am. I learned how to date women, and dated some pretty/intelligent girls so I know I can do this. Not with this guy, in particular, but I can still use this as a chance to make a friend.

---------- Post added 23rd Mar 2013 at 12:38 AM ----------

And the other guy is someone I want as a friend. He's a real charmer, but I'm not attracted to him as much. I can see how keeping gay friends can be hard, if the only people you talk to are the people you want to have sex with, then you probably end the friendship as the relationship ends. The guy that is talking to me consistently told me he stopped dating bc he was using people, and not opening up emotionally to any of them.

Crushes are annoying if you have ADD. I get hyper focused on something and can't break my mind away from it, which seems to sabotage the early stages of attraction by deterring thinking.

4. Renge

Yeah, I do. When she doesn't reply, I would think "Did I say something wrong? Is she get bored of me? What should I say next?" and then my brain stop functioning. Pretty much like that.

5. Akatosh

this made my day :slight_smile: