1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange attitudes to LGBTQs

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Hexagon, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Hexagon

What kind of strange or amusing attitudes toward LGBTQ people have you come across. Not necessarily homophobic, but strange.

I was taken to a boring party against my better judgement. There were some kids there, who were quite honestly more interesting than the adults there, so I got on with them. Their father started a conversation with me, and said how kids were the most important thing in life. Without any provocation on my part, he then said he had no problem with gay people, but that he thought they were missing out on a lot. So I listed the number of ways gay people can have kids - adoption, surrogacy/IVF and tech that is being developed to allow same sex biological reproduction.
    "But thats unnatural"
    "So is clothing, violence and rape. We don't base our morality on whether something is natural or not"
    "Uh... well... *changes topic* Do you want kids?"
    "No, probably not"

So I was left with the task of explaining why I didn't want kids despite being on a course to work in nurseries/preschools. I decided to be kind, and save him the trouble of apologising to me for the rest of the party by not telling him I was LGBTQ.

The whole thing was really rather amusing.