1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maybe it’s not so bad here...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Chloe, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Chloe

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As I’ve posted about before, my neighborhood leans toward being anti-gay, but I know there are some open-minded and LGBTetc people in the surrounding areas – not the vibrant communities I knew when I lived in a bigger city, but something. Anyway, I was just going through a stack of old mail and found something that cheered me. On the first page of an alternative health newspaper – the sort advertising local massage therapists, yoga classes, herbalists and such – there was an ad for a eyeglass shop with the headline “Guys make passes at guys who wear our glasses.” (!)

Mostly wanted to share a happy find, but maybe this is also a lesson that I haven’t been looking in the right places. They wouldn't spend money on an ad like that if there was no clientbase.

2. Renge

Somehow I found it funny haha

3. Chloe

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    For those who don't know, it's based on something written by Dorothy Parker (1893-1967), "Men seldom make passes at girls who wear glasses."