1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Absurd

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Alexander69, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Alexander69

So today I went to my long time family friends (and my friend) birthday party. Anyways my family is catholic and so are hers anyways it was a massive party like usual anyways people from my old private schools came and ya anyways this mother was talking about a girl I knew and how she jumped out the 4th floor window of her house today and luckily didnt die but here she is saying that she is a sinner trying to commit such a sin and will go to purgatory and all this stuff...... Anyways some how a convo hot started amongst us teens about a guy marrying a mannequin and how it was "legal" and then my friends goes "I'd rather allow that marriage rather then gay marriage it is disgusting its not cool it's disgusting and wrong. Anyways to top all that my parents asked her to talk to me about my life changes I'm making... So pretty much what I got from our convo was my parents want me to change back ASAP and will do anything. I hate going to her birthday parties anyways its all a bunch of stuck up snobby Catholics who talk shot about one and other. I'm posting this BECUASE all this stuff stressed me out this is kind of a vent for me.

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's got to be really hard for you, making all of the positive changes you're making for yourself, working on being a more authentic person, and letting yourself be seen... and then finding yourself immersed in a culture that no longer has any real relevance to you.

The problem you're experiencing is that you're growing rapidly -- emotionally and spiritually -- and everyone around you is stuck in their old ways. And that worked fine when you were as numb and shallow as they are... but you aren't any more. So more and more, you're finding that nearly all of your friends, acquaintances, and even family members are people you have virtually nothing in common with.

The good news is... as you continue to grow, you'll begin attracting people who are on the same path you are, toward authenticity and depth, toward being open and letting themselves be seen. But it takes time.

We haven't talked much about university or college, but that would likely be a really good experience for you. If you go to the right school, it will have a lot of diversity of all kinds, and you'll have a chance to meet new people and continue reinventing yourself, and finding others who are closer to where your values and beliefs now stand.

Your parents... will either eventually come around, or they won't. Your mom, in particular, will probably have a harder time because she is a total poseur, and knows it; her entire life is full of shame and inauthenticity. So she rebels so strongly against you developing values because they are the things that she is running away from -- and fearful about -- for herself.

But at the end of the day, you will be *much* happier having people around you who love you for who you are, not the car you drive, the house you live in, or the clothes you wear. And I think you'll be able to do a lot of good in the world, in whatever way you end up doing it. Probably a lot more good than the so-called devout Catholic people you were stuck around today. :slight_smile:

3. hkboy93

i get the jist of what you're trying to say, talking with religious people about the LGBT community can be like trying to talk sense with a brick wall

4. Alexander69

For school if I go in to marketing and business I get well...a lot of money after and I always have liked real estate I love houses and I know a lot about them and its good money to be made. Plus I'd like to buy a house In Dominican Republic nice houses really cheap!

5. Furor Amoris

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I understand how you feel. My English class is the super religious class in all of my classes. So when we have discussions about gay marriage in class I have almost everyone talking about how gay people are nasty and such, and then I have the guy behind me muttering about how homosexuality is disgusting and we're all freaks. Last time I almost had a nervous break down and was about to jump up and hurt them all until I collapsed :-{. I was going to do it too until my friend laid a hand on my arm and calmed me down. I happens to be squeezing my arm so hard I was bleeding from the cuts my fingernails made. I pity anyone like me (Gay and in God's Country [the south]). Because its truly a lot harder down here to get accepted by peers as opposed to the north or the west. :-/