1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I was wondering..

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by JustMe2602, Mar 24, 2013.

1. JustMe2602

You know, some people 'fall in love' over the internet and have a relationship without having seen each other.. and I was wondering if it was really possible that that could happen..

Do you think you could like or fall in love with someone and have a relationship with that person without having met them in real life? Or even without having seen them? (through Skype or whatever)

(Sorry for my English)

2. Wolfie Charm

I think I could and even have… I greatly liked this one woman who lives in Cyprus. I had never even heard her voice at the time but later heard her say "hi this is(her name.)" to a forum we were members. I backed way off plus she had a husband but I probably could have a deeper relationship with someone else. Except I’d have to be REAL sure she is who she says.

3. BornInTexas

It's possible. Without seeing them, your imagination sees a possible hunk / beauty and you'd fall in love with their body and / or their personality or both. Plenty of people fall in love over the internet.

You just have to remember that this is the internet. Not everyone is entirely who they say they are. (HAVE YOUR RAPE WHISTLE READY!)

4. izzyblue1456

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thats actually how my aunt and uncle met. They have a really good relationship.

5. leer

Guess it can happen to some people but me personally am a bit skeptical about it being a relationship if people had never met or spent little time together .but maybe thats just me .

6. Renge

Yeah, I could. Been there and it wasn't that bad. Just like a typical person falling in love :slight_smile:
    Aand if you truly love them, you would accept them for who they are. But, there's still bad people out there.

7. Beware Of You

Yup me and my boyfriend are like that, since he is in the US and I am Ireland, but we skype every day. And when we do meet we can't keep our hands off each other!

We are in love, we chat about anything for hours and hours, its awesome, we send photos of what we are doing every day. Its awesome if it works.

8. JustMe2602

Sounds amazing :slight_smile:

9. Rivers

I had a crush on an internet friend once before. My feelings were never requited, and I wasn't over it for a couple months (yeah, I know, I'm pathetic). I think internet romance could be possible, albeit difficult to achieve.

10. Eatthechildren

That's so cute! :slight_smile:

11. Naren

One of my classmates has an internet relationship. He's one of the most dicky, controlling, and stupid people I've ever met, I really feel sorry for the girl. I'd do something but I can't contact her :frowning2:

12. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I've had little infatuation crushes on artists who's work I've admired, and good looking people on tumblr whom I've never talked to. :icon_redf But I wouldn't pursue a relationship.

I think it could possibly work, but of course they'd have to meet each other in person at some point. But I know of couples who Skype all the time, watch movies together, share pictures and all that jazz in a long-distance relationship. I think it's cute.

13. ForgottenRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Maybe, though I think it would be really hard...

14. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's definitely possible. I am very skeptical online though, so I would be scared I'd been wasting my time on an internet creeper. D:

15. mojoe

For me I think it could happen in theory. Im someone who finds attractive and falls in love with peoples' personalities. In practice, however, I dont think I ever could. I mean Ive developed little crushes for people that way but no way could I actually fall in love. I need to spend a lot of time and really get to know a person before I can fall in love. Without meeting someone in person I could never develop such feelings.

16. jeanie

jeanie Guest

Nah, I couldn't. Physical contact (not just sex) is very important to me. I don't like to put my info out there, and I'm even against the idea of using dating sites. I'll be alone first.

17. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

I've tried 3 online relationships and none of them worked! I wouldn't do it again because it doesn't seem real. They're too much work

18. DannyBoi66

Universe, Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, England
    Definitely. My best friend has. And that was when he was 12 all the way to now. He can't shut up about her! :slight_smile:

19. That Kid

The thing is that some people act completely differently online than they do in real life. I also believe (at least for me) that there does need to be some form of physical contact in order for it to feel 'real.' But if someone can make it work, good for them!