1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos of the REAL NYC :)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by RainbowMan, Mar 24, 2013.

1. RainbowMan

I went out with the gay photography meetup group here in NYC yesterday and took a ton of great pics - they were meeting in my neighborhood, so figured that I'd join up!

Unfortunately, all of the photos are on my Flickr account, so I can't post a link since it would involve sharing offsite contact details. But if you want the link, full members can PM me. There's literally more than 100 times what I could upload here :slight_smile:

But for now, here's a selection of some of my favorites...

Attached Files:

2. redstormrising

omg! i didn't realize there was a gay photography meetup. i love photography and i am in the area. i shall look for this group now :slight_smile:

3. BudderMC

100% this, except I'm not in the area, so I won't be looking for that group. Though if I can find one in my area... :grin:

Nice pics though! This reminds me, I really need to sort through and upload all of my NYC trip photos... it's been nearly a year now.

4. BornInTexas

They have those?! =O

I wish I could find a group. I think my favorite picture of them all is the one you took of the taxi. That is a nice one. =)

5. RainbowMan

That was one of about 10 of that same taxi. The nice thing about the Rebel XTi is that it does continuous shooting REALLY well, I could just shoot and hope that annoying person got out of my way for a fraction of a second and they did :slight_smile:

BudderMC - would love to see your pics! :grin:

6. redstormrising

i shoot a nikon d300S, but i haven't gotten to do much photography since before law school. i also did mainly concert photography then, and i'm looking to branch out. this looks like a great opportunity!

7. BudderMC

I'm running a Canon Rebel XS, though I haven't gotten to do much photography lately either. Being depressed and busy with school and work and EC does that to ya.

Anyways, I've uploaded some of my photos (not NYC ones) on my album here on EC. For those of you too lazy to click, this is one of my faves:

[​IMG]
    (I'm pretty big onto anything with awesome lighting - playing with lighting is my favourite thing to do in photography)

8. RainbowMan

Those are so good I could never hope to be anywhere near as good! :slight_smile:

Photography is just something I like to do in my spare time, and until now have really had no one to do it with - there's the regular NYC Digital Photography group, but they tend to do things when I can't go. Going next door to the coffee shop and walking around the neighborhood seemed like something I could do...

9. kem

kem

Ohhh I didn't know there were gay photography groups... :grin:
    I'm joining a local (regular) photography club hoping to get access to a darkroom. I love photography because it limits your creativity to what exists and what you can make with what is around you (whereas technically you can paint whatever you want).
    I have a Nikon D7000 I use most of the time and a Canon T70 for black-and-white film.

Here is my album although the work isn't recent... I haven't taken any good digital shots in a while.

#9 kem, Mar 24, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
  10. PeteNJ

Great photos!

I think it's even greater that you found this group and spent time with these guys :slight_smile:

Way to go !

11. TheDifferent13

Cool shots! I wish there was such a thing as a gay photography group here...

I got myself D7000 about half a year ago also, and I'm loving it! What kind of lens are you using? And btw, your shots are really nice.

I know this doesn't really have anything to do with NYC :icon_roll but still here and here is some of my work

#11 TheDifferent13, Mar 24, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
  12. kem

kem

TheDifferent13: I mostly use this lens, it's perfect for 90% of my shots. I have the kit 18-105mm, which is nice when I need a wider angle, and a 35mm f/1.8 DX lens, which is good when the 50mm lens gets too close, but I don't use them much, the former even less so. (that tube is heave and it's only 18-105 D: )

Your shots are nice too!