1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replica titanic 2 set sail in 2016 Australian billionaire rebuilding it. Would you go

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Alexander69, Mar 25, 2013.

?

Would you set sail on the new 2016 replica titanic?

1. Yes of course I don't believe in superstition

23 vote(s)
    63.9%
  2. No not at all it's cursed and totally bad luck never

13 vote(s)
    36.1%
  1. Alexander69

Ok so I heard a while ago about these plans to build the titanic 2. Anyways my parents said they are interested in sailing on it in 2016 since one of my family members died on it on its first voyage. (I found out through death records and told my mother) and then we did further reasearch and found out yes that was our relative. Anyways I don't feel safe with them going in it maybe its just superstition or what ever but I think it's a terrible idea. I believe Margaret browns most recent descendant is going to be sailing on it since her great grandmother or how ever that connection works never got to finish the sail on the RMS Titanic.

So my question to everyone is would you sail on this new titanic?

2. SergeantRed

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Re: Replica titanic 2 set sail in 2016 Australian billionaire rebuilding it. Would yo

No! Big NO. I'm not really superstitious I'm just afraid of the ocean haha sad :/ Btw sorry if I find it cool that one of your relatives died from titanic :frowning2: never really met someone like that

3. Crystal's Vaporeon

Re: Replica titanic 2 set sail in 2016 Australian billionaire rebuilding it. Would yo

Ahah its a replica so clearly he would be obliged to replicate the crash x3 But narr I would love to be able to go on something like that, it wold be amazing to be able to have an idea of what it was like on the real thing.

4. Zontar

Only if they slam it into a replica iceberg.

5. LoveMusicPoetry

Well, I wouldn't pay to go, but if I won a trip, or somebody paid for me, the yeah, why not?

6. Re: Replica titanic 2 set sail in 2016 Australian billionaire rebuilding it. Would yo

If this sank
    it would be the biggest fail win morbidly hilarious TRAGEDY EVER!

7. BudderMC

If replica implies it's built using the same materials as the first one, then no.

A big reason why the ship sank was because the rivets corroded in the seawater. The impact technically caused the crash, but the ship wasn't structurally sound either.

/engineeringstudent

8. Kay

Kay Guest

I would go in a New York minute. I find the original so fascinating and romantic. The tragedy is painful yet it creates a microcosm of the world. The wealthy have the advantage. The little people have to fight to survive. Such a hateful system. Maybe this time the rich should be locked away in steerage
    I would go on a maiden voyage as well.

9. julia

Ouch, so many jokes about the Titanic...People do realize that this happend for real, and it was not just a movie, right?
    I would definitely go on it. I highly doubt they'll remake the engineering part and it is illegal in today's world to not have enough lifeboats, so there's no chance of the same tragedy repeating itself.

10. Niko

I wouldn't go. Replica or not, I'd feel a tad creeped out. Plus I don't like the ocean.

11. ForgottenRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family

No... I hate boats in general thought.

12. ReyJ

No, but more because I don't like the thought of being on the open sea for that long.

13. Formality

Wouldn't it be so ironic if this ship sunk as well?

14. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

Only if Leonardo DiCaprio is on board & he takes me in the Car this time :slight_smile:

15. Alexander69

You me both :wink: haha

16. Hexagon

I decline from voting.

I wouldn't go because it would probably be ridiculously expensive, and I see no reason to take an unnecessary voyage, particularly one that would take so long. Flying would be much faster.

However, I wouldn't imagine its any more dangerous that another boat, unless its designed and built to the same questionable standards as the original.

17. Lewis

Definitely. It would be a once in a lifetime experience and and opportunity to relive a historic event (the ship setting sale, not the sinking part!)

If I had the opportunity to get tickets, I'd be there in a shot.

18. Alexander69

Yes the tickets are an astronomical price. Depending its $10,000 - $100,000
    And upward from there. Some people have offered $1,000,000 for a ticket to be on it. I think it's a waste of money and a stupid idea

19. Ticklish Fish

I can't swim lol. let alone surviving a boat crash

also, by replica i hope they mean they update the titanic to the technology of modern technology...

20. Stripe101

Do you have any idea how expensive it will be?!?! A LOT! Plus, I'm a bit of a TITANIC fanatic, and I think it's kind of disgraceful to the legacy of the hundreds of people who died...