1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Closeted lesbian>mums into me!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Nirmal Neaners, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Nirmal Neaners

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Closeted lesbian>mums onto me!

Well, I have only recently discovered im a lesbian and I'm nowhere near ready to come out to anyone yet. Yes, some friends think im bisexual, but im not sure how they will react knowing I only find girls attractive..its worrying.

Lately, I've noticed that my mom has been acting rather strange towards me, as if she suspects something. I have a big thing about Marilyn Monroe, so she bought me a picture frame for my wall, but she kept asking if I wanted a sexual pose of her.

I dress in ripped skinny's and leather jackets, I own quite alot of boy clothing. I never wear skirts or dresses because I don't like them. I did consider its the way I dressed that she suspects something, but when i grew up I owned no girl clothes, I lived in boy clothes and played football, never had any girls as friends only boys and she was fine with it. Shes even fine that I have a pair of men Jeans!

She has also been making slide comments like:
    -'don't worry you don't look like a lesbian'(I was looking in the mirror at the boy jeans)
    -'Lisa from work said most of her lesbian friends have there head shaved..(I have half of my head shaved)
    And other things. Im not sure with the other things she does that she suspects something, but I have a strong suspicion she does.

Im could used some help on trying to act the the stereotypical straight las at the moment.

#1 Nirmal Neaners, Mar 25, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
  2. LoveMusicPoetry

It sounds to me like she already knows. Don't worry about it, it's no biggy. You'll get all worked up one day to tell her and she'll say, 'yes, I'd guessed'. Don't worry about image, just wear what you feel comfortable in. I just came out a few weeks ago and most people said they didn't necessarily suspect me of being gay, but now I mention it... Also, take no notice of all the stereotypes that get thrown around about lesbians, from what I've seen, they're all different, just like anybody else... I haven't got my head shaved. Just do what you feel comfortable doing, that's the only way to deal with it.

3. LD579

It seems like your mom has a preconceived notion of how lesbians act. It also sounds like she might think you're a lesbian, to say the least. Either way, it doesn't sound like she's unsupportive at all, which is wonderful. In fact, it sounds like the exact opposite, though I imagine it must be quite strange for you with what she says.

I'm sure she'll eventually simmer down to more 'normal' behaviour. For now, you can just refute suggestions that she comes up with if they're not what you want, like the shaved head thing.

You have two options, basically, right now. You could stay in the closet, for now, or you could come out to her. Whatever you do should be indicative of what you feel is right. If you don't feel ready or comfortable to come out, you shouldn't. For what it's worth, I'd say she'd be pretty supportive.

Since you ask for advice on trying to act like a stereotypical straight lass, I would say... I can't help you there. I'd just suggest acting how you normally do, 'cause I think it'd be the best for you and your mom. If you suddenly started acting differently, she'd probably know that something's up.

4. Nirmal Neaners

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    That's good to know when I eventually come out she'll be cool with it! I guess, I wasn't going to change my style or anything I was just scared of her asking me outright and me lieing to her because im not ready:S Thanks alot!:slight_smile:

5. Wolfie Charm

Nah, you’re fine. She probably will some day say "I knew.” and continue to be supportive. I don’t like stereotypes either. I wear guy clothes (their shirts are so much cooler!!) all the time yet under the right circumstances I will wear a dress though I try for jeans with it lol. As for the half shaved head I am curious. Is your hair like Carah Faye Charnow?

6. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If she wasn't cool with it, you'd probably already be in trouble.