1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Straight guys...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SkyDiver, Mar 25, 2013.

1. SkyDiver

So, I have a few straight guy friends, and we're not SUPER close, but we're still good friends.

Sometimes they act kinda weird around me, though. Well, lots of the time. I'll use one guy for an example cause these guys are in completely different circles so what they're doing isn't connected at all.

So I'll be fine with him for a few days and he'll be exceptionally nice to me. Then it's like he changed and suddenly I'm someone that he has to avoid. It's like he's trying to make me reach out to him more. Playing hard to get. When I do, he loves to put me down (obviously in a joking manner, but still really mean nonetheless). It kinda hurts and it's just really confusing how they all seem to treat me like this. And it's not because I'm gay, I know that for a fact. None of them are homophobic, they're all super comfortable with it (wouldn't have a problem sharing a bed with me).

So what's the deal? Are all straight guys like this? To other straight guys even?
    It's like they're treating me the way I treat a straight guy who I have a crush on. You know the drill. Toying with his emotions, playing hard to get.. etc.

Oh, and it's also kinda relevant that I frequently flirt with these guys. Not in a super romantic "I want you in my pants" kinda way, but just a VERY brotherly affectionate way. And they do the same back.

Anyone have any advice or anything? It'd be much appreciated.

2. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It could be that they're afraid you might be attracted to them.

I tend to do a similar thing. I'll be nice to a (presumably straight) guy as a potential friend, and then I'll have this panicked thought 'oh no, what if he thinks I'm coming on to him?' So then I'll start trying to avoid interaction with the guy to avoid sending the wrong impression.

I've never had a guy try to pursue me when I do this. If I did, I'd probably freak out and cut contact completely.

I know this isn't a good way for me to react, and it's making it pretty difficult for me to have any male friends, but I can't seem to help it.

3. ShadowMoon85

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Nah what it is is we are jerks without really knowing it (Im bi so it's pretty close right? lol)
    I make jokes like that to my friends, and it is returned. Easy way to tell if its something different is to change it up, a lot of nice nice, or heavy cold shouldering and see what they do. Usually if they "status quo" is thrown off in a group of guys someone will ask what's up. ^^

4. JuiceBox

Not all straight guys act like this.. promise.. ^^' exhibit A *points at self* lol in my group of friends its actually the complete opposite.. I'm the only straight one, and yea we joke around about it all the time as well.. Honestly I wouldn't change them for the world..