1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you wear makeup?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LoveMusicPoetry, Mar 26, 2013.

?

Do you wear makeup?

1. Female: Yes, all the time.

15 vote(s)
    13.5%
  2. Female: Some times

21 vote(s)
    18.9%
  3. Female: Never

30 vote(s)
    27.0%
  4. Male: Yes, all the time

2 vote(s)
    1.8%
  5. Male: Sometimes

9 vote(s)
    8.1%
  6. Male: Never

34 vote(s)
    30.6%
  1. LoveMusicPoetry

Like the question says, do you wear makeup. It's one of those daft stereotypes, that lesbians don't wear makeup and gay guys do. This is clearly crap,so do you wear makeup?

Personally I don't bother. I'm crap at putting it on and I end up looking like a clown. Also I just don't see the point, if I'm ugly then it won't help and if I'm not then I don't need it. Plus I just don't like the feel of it on my face.

2. Dalmatian

I'm a gay guy and I don't wear makeup :slight_smile: Also, I don't like it on women, because they tend to put sooo much. It reminds me of that actor/writer/politician (can't be bothered to google) who, when he was visiting France at the time of heavy makeup was asked whether he liked French girls. He responded "sorry, I'm not an expert on painting" :grin:

3. Wolfie Charm

Nope. I've worn it twice in my life not counting Halloween, and it was only eyeshadow and mascara for some dumb, unnecessary reason. Even I admit I have nice eyelashes. All I have to do is touch them with my finger to make them appear fuller or whatever mascara does to them. <— Full admission to makeup ignorance lol.

4. Mysz

Nah. I don't wear makeup. I like to play around with cheap kinds to cheer myself up, but I always take it off a few minutes later after I've had my fill of looking absolutely silly.
    Plus, when you wear makeup, you always have to be concerned about it rubbing off- too much of a bother! :slight_smile: I do know a guy who wears makeup occasionally, though I don't know if he's gay or not.

5. stuffiscool

stuffiscool Guest

Only on special occasions, like holidays or meeting people of academic importance. Too much bother. And I always forget I have eye make-up on and accidentally rub it all over my face. :slight_smile:

6. fuzzywuzzy

I don't since I can only look worse with make up on. My skin is sensitive too and I can't stand having something on my face. Also every lesbian I know wears make up (one of them is butch too)so it's probably just a stereotype.

7. nyc

nyc

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i wear it as a confidence thing, when i have make up on i feel attractive and confident with out it i feel awful i dont like to leave the house with out it

8. Niko

Nope never, not counting halloween or cosplaying. Whenever I have to or it's forced on me I get incredibly dysphoric. No one wants to be near me when I have make up on.
    ...And yet I find some eyeliner on guys very attractive.

9. LD579

Well, I used to wear makeup (concealer and such, but not eyeliner or eye stuff like mascara) for almost two years. My skin's, in my opinion, pretty terrible. It's been worse, but... Once I'd started, I couldn't just stop wearing it, 'cause then I'd look quite different, and people at school would notice, and then I'd probably be even more of an outcast.

I stopped after first semester of university (so just recently) because my skin's not really suited for makeup. Also, makeup can't make my skin get better; it only makes it look better.

I'd like to add that there's nothing wrong with anyone wearing makeup, of course. Actors, and in general, females, use it all the time.

10. leer

am I bloke I would never admit to this ever

11. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Me too.... which is weird... :confused:

Anyway, I never bother except very rare occassions like weddings and such. I feel silly with it on, it just doesn't look as nice on me as my natural skin. Plus I break out with certain foundations...

So I guess I'm a stereotype LoL But I think ladies with make up on that suits them well are SUPER seeeexxxxyyyy!!! Especially with smokey eye make up and red lipstick going on.... yum! :wink:

12. Exoskeleton

Dear God, no. I hate it. I hate how it feels on my face. I hate how artificial it makes my face look (only because I KNOW how my face is supposed to look, and that ain't it). Beyond that, it's so much work. I really can't stand working for my appearance in that regard. I enjoy discovering things, and so shopping for clothes that I really think are awesome is fun for me, but any kind of high maintenance superficial thing (like doing my hair) feels like a complete waste of time and energy.

But I don't mind makeup on others. Sometimes it looks amazing, when they don't know how to put it on it looks terrible, and most of the time it's just neutral.

---------- Post added 26th Mar 2013 at 04:43 PM ----------

And that. THAT.

13. Hexagon

No, no make up here. All make up was forcibly removed from the premises within ten minutes of it having been bought for me.

14. mwaffles

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I feel so fake when I'm wearing make up. In some rare occasions I'll put some make up on, but I'm allergic to it, apparently, because everytime I put on make up, I get itchy and my eyes are all red and stuff.

15. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

Nope.Same reasons as mwaffles.

16. FruitFly

I voted some times, as I definitely do not wear it all the time. Sometimes it's just not practical. I mean, if I'm going to the gym; makeup is not worn. If I wake up late I'd rather go to university with a bare face than a rushed job.

I love make-up. Well, that's a lie. I love eye makeup, I love glitter, I'll play around with blusher, if I'm really going for it then I'll spend extra time on lipstick; but I do not wear foundation. Foundation makes my skin feel iffy. Same with fake tan, I tried a mousse bronzer once and I just couldn't do it.

To me makeup is not about making me beautiful or hiding my ugliness, I'm not even sure what it is about. It's just something I like to do. It makes me happy. Especially if I glitter in the sun (!).

So I love, absolutely love, to wear make-up.

17. Its sad, I know, but I wouldn't be able to go to school without it. (Please dont judge me)

18. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No (very rarely if I do).

19. Zannan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Why wear make up, I'm nattrually handsome? That's my veiw on it. All nailpolish goes to my brother and all other make up goes to my mom.

20. julia

I love makeup! :slight_smile: I always wear blush, eye liner, and mascara. and sometimes light eye shadow.