1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how masculine/feminine do you consider yourself?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by FashionDisaster, Mar 26, 2013.

?

How masculine/feminine are you?

1. mostly feminine

12 vote(s)
    13.5%
  2. slightly more feminine

18 vote(s)
    20.2%
  3. about equal mix of feminine and masculine

16 vote(s)
    18.0%
  4. slightly more masculine

11 vote(s)
    12.4%
  5. mostly masculine

30 vote(s)
    33.7%
  6. I can not be described accurately with these terms

2 vote(s)
    2.2%
  1. FashionDisaster

Not sure if this has come up before recently, I'm sure it has, but a post in another thread made me curious.

So how masculine or feminine do you consider yourself?

By this I mean not so much how you dress, but where your personality falls.

Personally, I consider myself a lot more feminine in personality than masculine. I'm not a very agressive person. If forced into a fight, either verbal or physical, I will end up crying afterwards because I hate feeling angry towards anyone. I'm sure you can guess from this that I'm someone who would rather talk or do something imaginative over roughhouse when having fun. I pride myself on being empathetic. I enjoy, for lack of a better word, feeling soft and when I feel comfortable I can be very expressive in my motions and voice inflection. I also like being clean to the point that I would wear gloves if I worked on a car so that my hands wouldn't get greasy.

I also wanted to add that I don't actually care for the way that so much is split between masculine and feminine. I think that everything is just different aspects of being human, and that everyone exhibits masculine/feminine qualities to different degrees regardless of gender identity. If possible, I would prefer society adopting new terms that aren't so connected to gender in most peoples' minds.

2. Valkyrimon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a lot more feminine than I am masculine, but I'm not too feminine at that. Personality wise, that's pretty evident, but I do have some masculine traits. As for my interests, most would be considered fairly masculine things (such as video games, but that stereotype frustrates me).

3. Hexagon

I have mental attributes typically associated with men, and I lack significant emotional intelligence, which is also stereotypical of men. But meh, I'm not too bad at the female stuff either.

4. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hmmm I'd like to think I'm a good combination of "masculine" and "feminine" traits.

I'm VERY empathetic, and like you, I'm very passive and hate confrontation. I'd rather cry to myself than hurt someone else. I'm sensitive and like artsy creative things which I guess would be considered feminine?

I'm also very independent and open minded. I have to see an issue from all angles often multiple times before making a choice on where I stand. I seek to take care of myself and others and avoid being the one taken care of as I see it as being weak (which I know is untrue but my "masculine" pride gets in the way).
    I feel if I want something done I should do it myself, and I HATE when people drive me somewhere. I'd rather drive myself because I enjoy the control of where I'm going. I'm terrible at asking directions though LOL

I'm naturally extroverted, physically affectionate, and flirty as heck. I have to tone it down alot for others. :lol:

Hmmm I guess I strive to be more "masculine," but I have very redeeming "feminine" qualities as well. :slight_smile:

5. fuzzywuzzy

Somewhere in between. I'm as sensitive as most girls I know,like flowers,and sunshines,and rainbows (and purple!), I prefer wearing women's parfume rather than men's although I wear men's since I'm not out to family. I don't mind crying and see it as a way to let go the pressure. I take care of my looks as much as the average man.

6. Evanescence

Ask me a year ago and I would have said extremely effeminate. But now I seem to have ditched quite a lot of femininity and am probably in the equal section at the moment - I expect I'll be slightly more masculine in the future though :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. ReyJ

Personality-wise I am slightly more stereotypically feminine. If there is a baby anywhere in the nearby area I will literally run towards it (which resulted in me falling into my nan at a family BBQ and breaking a couple toes...). I am also the advice giver in my group of friends which is apparently a feminine trait?
    But I am also very competitive and enjoy playing video games, so I do have stereotypical masculine attributes too.
    But I don't really believe in masculinity/femininity as I know way too many people that break the 'rules'.

8. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

Think I look feminine- Bodywise. Did not get the girly shopping gene. Have a potty mouth and more "guy" interests.

9. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

I am female but I am quite androgynous. I often dress male (I feel more comfortable when I do). But I also embrace my female side as well. I'd say I'm slightly more masculine though

10. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I'd say a mix of attributes applied to both expressions.
    Physically, much more masculine. But I'm very much emotional and empathetic, stereotypical of women. But I enjoy sports, video games, sciences and other intellectual pursuits which would most likely be associated with men.

11. worriedWardrobe

I think I'm a fairly balanced mix of masculine and feminine qualities.

I'm very independent, and love being in charge of a group/project/whatever. I also tend to avoid emotional attachment to most people, but I can also be quite emotional. Confrontation isn't my favorite thing, but I am totally comfortable being confrontational.

I also care a great deal about my appearance, and love shopping. I'm also happy to listen to any problems that my friends may be experiencing, and attempt to help. Most of my interests are in the artistic spectrum, and I love to spend my time there.

I'd say I'm at a nice balance.

12. Gen

Gen

I'm a tid-bit more feminine, but I'm ultimately very androgynous...

13. FallenAngel

FallenAngel Guest

Pretty much a girly girl. Just without all the drama and high maintenance :slight_smile:

14. i am myself, nothing more.

now for the not snarky answer:

i honestly don't think i show either attributes. or, i guess i haven't labeled myself as feminine/masculine in a loong time. i kinda just do my own thing in life

15. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    think im very masc, think the only fem thing about me is that i like dudes?

16. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Whose standards are we using?

Physically, I have 'gentle' features (think Kurt Cobain or Johnny Depp), and while sensitive around those I'm close to, I can come off as an 'ice queen' to strangers and those I dislike.

I 'pass' as straight, so, people would probably peg me as a creep, nerd, or loner before questioning my sexual preference. That said, I consider myself somewhat of a gender bender and rebel against social norms, and won't hesitate to make someone uncomfortable if they give me good reason to, ie openly homophobic, sexist, racist, etc.

17. Nyanko

I'm a super girly girl to the point some of my closest friends didn't believe me when I said I was gay. I enjoy wearing makeup, shopping, shopping for others, I love sky blue (color), my dream car is one of those preppy looking ones...lemme stop. So I'm really feminine, and I don't really mind it.

18. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'd categorize myself as slightly more masculine.

19. BornInTexas

I'm a mix of both.

I like artsy stuff, flowers, and rainbows. I am VERY passive, and I hate confrontation. I'll only confront someone if I absolutely have to, and there is no other way around it.

On the other hand, I love my deep voice, I carry myself like a gentleman everywhere I go, and I love being independent in a group.

20. AKTodd

I don't think about it much but I suppose mostly masculine.

I usually feel like I take a pretty passive 'go along to get along, whatever you want to do' kind of approach to my personal life. Then again, at work I'm very no-nonsense, no-BS, don't F**k with me. My friends have described my management style as 'do it my way or I'll kill you'. They kind of imply I act like this in my personal life as well, actually...but really it's just that I can only take so much of watching people dither and run around in circles and then I feel I have to step in, whip everything into shape and get the job done. Ok, I'm a control freak -so sue me:thumbsup: I don't like confrontations, but if I'm going to have one I will show no mercy, take no prisoners, plow you under by any means necessary, if that's what it takes. Most of my current co-workers tell me they can't imagine me ever getting angry (ha!).

I have just enough fashion sense to know that a tank top and cargo shorts probably aren't appropriate to wear to a wedding. Left to my own devices I dress very simply - t-shirts and jeans in the winter, muscle shirts or tanks and shorts (with lots of pockets) in the summer. Polos and jeans for work. No cologne and try to buy products (soap, shampoo, deodorant, laundry detergent) that are as low scent or no scent as possible (it helps that my partner hates scented products and so doesn't want them in the house anyway).

I cross my legs at the ankle or at the knee depending on whatever is most comfortable at the moment. I work out regularly and am told I'm somewhat intimidating looking. The hair on my head (haircut and mustache/goatee) gets trimmed or cut regularly. Everything else is expected to take care of itself. My voice isn't as deep as I would like (especially when I hear a recording of me, meaning what I 'really' sound like to everyone else). Generally I seem to sound like a sarcastic smartass. It helps that much of the time I am a sarcastic smartass. That said, I can be very empathetic and I've been told numerous times that I'm a great teacher, very kind and friendly, etc. (I worked as a corporate trainer for a number of years).

I couldn't care less about sports and will most likely go to the kitchen (or wherever) with my female friends during major social gatherings while all the straight guys gather around the TV to watch 'the game'. Then again, most of my female friends are executives making six figure incomes who like to talk about business, politics, fine food, and wine. I like talking shop and politics, and I like to eat. So there ya go.

Todd