1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's official - I'm an old man

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by RainbowMan, Mar 26, 2013.

1. RainbowMan

I just picked up my new glasses today - they have progressive lenses (i.e. bifocal).

I like em, they look nice - but I'm now an old man officially :grin:

2. Dalmatian

Oh my... my teacher from the first grade used to wear those :grin:

Yep, there's something about bifocals that doesn't really say "freshly baked". But, lets just adapt terminology a bit. You are not old. Welcome to maturity :wink:

3. FallenAngel

FallenAngel Guest

There's nothing wrong with glasses and there is certainly nothing wrong with bifocals :slight_smile: I think they are cool, but maybe I'm old at heart?? Haha :slight_smile: glad you like them!!

4. nikom87

I am glad you like them!

Don't feel bad, I needed reading glasses at 13.

5. RainbowMan

nikom87 - got you beat there :slight_smile:

I had congenitally bad eyes - I've had seven surgeries on them as a kid. I've worn glasses since I was like 5 or something. They're just a part of me.

Now I can see fine, there's nothing wrong, I just needed single vision lenses up til now and have now "graduated" to bifocals :slight_smile:. But these are no-line progressives, so you really can't even see it.

6. nikom87

Oh, I see. My husband has had glasses since he was five or six, too. That's great to have those no-line progressives, and that you can see! :slight_smile:

7. starfish

Have used the phrases "When I was your age" or "Kids today"

8. leer

mate 34 is not old infect I find guys around that age quite hot with or with glasses your nowhere near over the hill not even half way IMO.

9. tulman

:roflmao: Forgive my amusement at this. Eight posts so far and the oldest is 34, I'm twice that. "Old" is as much in your head as you allow it to be. Sure, I can't do the same things I did decades ago but I'm not sitting in a recliner all day waiting to be carried out in a bag either.
    HMMM. Maybe you are old. Those glasses at 34. I didn't need readers until forty. The need for progressively stronger ones increases as we get older but I'm still just using readers. The rest is still OK (knock on wood).

10. ACanadian82

Out Status:
    Some people
    I think all the posts are right here; anyone who wants say glasses make you old is narrow minded (op excluded :slight_smile: ).

It's funny, when I went back to college at 23 (worked for a few years), I felt old because an 18 year old smart a** said "oh you're old"; there were people older than me but certaining I was a bit of a statistical outlier. Point is, age is a number; as long as you don't try to dress or act completely inappropriately for your age, I think age is just a number and if someone is being very age focused then do you really want to be around that person?

11. IrishEyes1989

For the record, glasses are extremely fashionable and sexy in my opinion :wink: Also, you're only ten years older than me, which means that I'll be an old lady in a decade! :eek: lmao

12. PeteNJ

You're still as handsome as before, dude. Really ;-)

Get yourself bifocal contacts -- what a world of difference. And I've probably had progressives since 8 or 9 years. Its ok. The rest of the body still seems to be ok. :roflmao:

13. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

In upper 40's -Have transition bifocals too. Just a really old lady now...going rocker shopping. :frowning2: