1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you expect people to do things

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by smilealways, Mar 28, 2008.

1. smilealways

smilealways Guest

when you dont do them yourself?

Have to say it applies for me. When I dont get a reply from a friend or someone important, I get annoyed and sad. But today, I realized that I havent sent any letters to my grandparents and friends, who has asked me for them. And also many other people through out my life. Another thing to improve myself.

Anyone else like me?

2. Bromptonrocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Unfortunately, too many people say they don't have the time to do anything let alone keep in touch with relatives and friends. I've ALWAYS kept in touch with everybody - no excuse nowadays thanks to email, SMS, etc. I don't think I'm going out of my way to do so, it's natural (to me). I feel like smilealways when I don't get a reply so I don't want anybody feeling like that because of me - if they do that is!!

But to answer your question, there are lots of people like you. It's not deliberate - just too many things to do. Unfortunately, keeping in touch seems to be at the bottom of the list. The moral here is - keep in touch, because one day it may be too late. This will become apparent as you get older.

3. sngl

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sometimes I get annoyed when people do or don't do certain things, but I don't always realize that I do the same things and make them feel the same way as well. :rolleyes:

4. Orion

Well, yes bascially that's my whole relationship philosophy, and I don't mean jut romantic relationships, friendships too, I'm alway expecting my friends to contact me, not the other way around, I'm so lazy :slight_smile:

5. CaptainTrips

ah, hypocriticism! (that doesn't really sound like a word....oh well)

we all suffer from it to some degree, but if you can at least recognize it within yourself, you're better off than most people.

if i notice that I'm starting to do something that annoys me in other people, i'll try to stop it, but of course it can't always work. the only foolproof way to avoid it is not to expect anything from anyone, but of course that's a very bleak perspective. I try to hold myself to a higher standard than i do other people.