1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

thoughts on facebook post; anti-marriage equality

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by boysdontcry, Mar 27, 2013.

1. boysdontcry

I saw this post on facebook this morning. Thoughts?

Attached Files:

2. boysdontcry

In case the attachment doesn't show:

"Wow, I love the whole marriage (quotation) equality (quotation) thing people are talking about. and I also love the fact that people can't realize that they have just as much "equal rights" as everyone else, isn't that great! I mean, isn't it that a man can marry a women, and a women can marry a man? and I hate to break it to you all, but a mans a man, and a womens a women, you can't change that. and I don't want any of that "But their different" crap. people are treating gay rights like its black rights, but the difference between a "gay" person and a "straight" person is if that person tells the people around them that they are "gay" or "straight". I could very well walk out my door, make out with a guy, and then start yelling at people because I want equal rights. but I wouldn't do that... because I have common sense. and don't get me STARTED on how many holes are in this WHOLE thing! about 2 years ago their was an outbreak of people who wanted to change the "gay" name from homosexual to homophile, because phile means "love". but if the whole movement for gay rights was for the ability to "love" whoever you wanted, then wouldn't the term for "gay" be Transphile? because the human brain gains emotional ties to EVERYONE, so a supposedly gay person would be attracted to both sex's, NOT a single one. and I have seen TOO many people who ultimately rule out ANYONE of the opposite sex if they say they are "Gay". and with all this talk about "Love", the entire equal rights movement is ruled out! because people are treating "gays" like they are genetically different, but "Love", is a mental action, not genetic. and then with all this said, either "gays" are NOT genetically different, or they ARE genetically different. but these two things are what "gays" are stating! they are fighting for a cause, which they haven't even decided on! and if they DO decide on it, then they will be ultimately shot down. because if they believe in free marriage, then this whole "equality" movement is wrong! but if they believe in their genetics being different, then science would prove them wrong. lets look at this at a genetics standpoint, if a person was to be born "gay", then their parents would have to have some sort of "gay" in their genes. but if their parents were "gay", then they wouldn't of had children in the first place! But if your gonna tell me about "birth defects" then sure. it is quit possible for a child to be born with a defect to change their sexuality. but the chances of this defect affecting the amount of people today!? its uncanny! and another note! the entire gay rights movement (heck, gays altogether), started in the past 250 years. how pray tell, did a "race of people" (extra EXTRA quotation) come to be? especially a race of people which don't believe in "male to female intercourse". please tell me! I would LOVE to hear your answer! I don't get, the REASONING behind this movement! is it the feeble human mind? is it our lust for attention? is it the exhilarating feeling of fighting for a belief? their are SO many holes and problems with THIS ENTIRE MOVEMENT! it starts to make me notice how feeble all our minds can be..."

3. Ticklish Fish

reminds me the "blacks are genetic inferior" argument or something.

some people have no understanding lol

4. photoguy93

Should I laugh, cry, or just pick my chin up off the floor?

What an idiot. Sorry if this is someone you know or care about, but I am stunned at how stupid this is. I knew that something REALLY stupid would be said, and it came in terms of the "250 year" remark. OHHH, ok, ok, ok, so we should just forget ancient history? I guess so!
    Call your textbook companies - tell them they need to change history - gays haven't existed until the last 250 years!

---------- Post added 27th Mar 2013 at 09:35 AM ----------

I think one of the most interesting people to be right now would be someone who is in their 70's. They would have seen the Civil Rights movement/and now this. So many of the arguments are the same!
    Sure, we don't know why we are different - but it doesn't matter. Hell, I'm sure people thought blacks were black because they came out of the ground or something completely stupid. But we are who we are! It doesn't really matter.
    Grasping at straws, I say.

5. I have a feeling that if I began to disprove these claims, I would not leave my keyboard for a few hours. I would love to meet this man/woman, only to try and bring some of the wrong claims he/she's put forward to light.
    Give credit where it's due though, he'/she has put WAY more thought in to it then the average Homophobe.

6. Gen

Gen

I really do try to suppress my inner Grammar Nazi, but this is just unacceptable. You cant challenge the competence and common sense of others, when you are having such a difficult time with minimal communication skills.

Regardless, as FeministFemme said, we all know that his claims are ridiculous. There is no use in wasting time disputing them all. :l

7. RedLight

Why is he talking about the "holes in this whole (and nice differentiation between the two by the way, CAPITALIZING really helps) thing" When his theory has more HOLES than anyone else's. Now I'm not going to try to dispute everyone of his theories because, as it was previously pointed out, it would take a while. However what I will say is that his theory on "genetics" and how we're all suddenly saying we're "genetically different", is altogether ridiculous; Being gay is an emotional state, as is any kind of love. Furthermore, if you're going to go all out, and re-establish an established idea that has already been proven, debated, and enforced (or at least we've tried to) the least you could do is make sense; give me a break.

8. boysdontcry

there are more holes in his logic then there are in this " WHOLE MOVEMENT "

9. timo

That is so full of ignorance (bordering on retardation) I'm not even going to start commenting on it.

10. Oddish

Oddish Guest

hahaha what

11. ReyJ

The grammar makes me want to :tears:
    I'd also really like to talk to this person and point out the MANY flaws in their logic. :slight_smile:

12. Ticklish Fish

the post sounds like something off of lamebook.com

13. Caliber

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    seriously? people these days.....

14. There's not really anything to say about this. The person doesn't understand the issue, simple as that. The points they're making have nothing to do with it.

15. LailaForbidden

First reaction: Dafuq?! This makes my head hurt

Second reaction: hahaha this is hilarious

I like to focus on the second one. :slight_smile: