1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Time Travel

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Dublin Boy, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am a big fan of Time Travel & I love any movie based on Time Travel, but if you could get into a Time Machine & travel back in time or go into the future, where would you go & why?

2. LD579

Can I recommend something? You may find it really well done, and intriguing. It's called Steins;Gate, and it's an anime about time travel. I don't know if you like anime or not, but I suggest you give it a chance (there are episodes subtitled in English available to watch online for free, without signing up or anything, on tons of sites).

I might go back into the past to convince myself to confess to any one of my crushes... Or not. I dunno. Time tampering's dangerous (in theory). If there were no consequences or anything like that, maybe I'd see what things are like if I'd stayed at my old high school instead.

3. gibson234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would go back to the 1970s and start a software company or see the super nova that eventually formed our planet.

4. SimpleMan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd go anywhere the Doctor goes. (!)

5. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I'd go back to the 1970s/80s. I hate being a teenager in this era.

..Or I'd go back in time and tell my parents not to have me hahaha..

6. Ridiculous

If I could do it easily without having to step into a big machine or something, then I would abuse it so much. I would do 'risky' things more often, and if they didn't work out quite as well as I wanted, I would rewind 30 seconds and do it again slightly differently. I'd probably spend about a week of cumulative time trying to perfect each day.

I don't really see the appeal of going way back into the past or way into the future, because I both wouldn't know anyone and wouldn't be familiar with the environment/technology/social environment. I'd feel very out of place and isolated.

7. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

And where exactly are you going to stand to see the supernova?? :lol:

If I had my knowledge of now, then I would definitely go back to when I was a child, and come out of the shell, and save my father.

But I would also like to go back 2 years ago.. so I can be with this guy, that I won't see again :frowning2:

Or I'd go back when Youtube just started, and use the current famous youtuber's ideas :lol: but then again that would be a selfish act.

8. definitely go for the first option. You're way too awesome to have never existed!:icon_bigg

As for me, I'd go forward in time by five years, find out who the richest entrepreneur was and then when I'm back steal the idea :badgrin:

9. Dalmatian

Living with save points... it would be interesting. To all others it would seem as if you were just always making the right decisions at the first try. You'd be annoying :wink:

I'd like to visit ancient civilizations.

10. Naren

Time travel doesn't work. You'd have to take into account the earth's rotation.
    For example, if I went back 6 months right now, I'd end up in space, due to the earth being on the other side of the sun. And since the earth moves extremely fast, you'd need to calculate the orbit exactly. Or invent a teleporter as well.

11. Colours

I'd go back to May 19th of 2011, back to before I left home. Before I crossed that road, before I got hit by that car. I'd go back just to make sure I would not have been hit by that car and then, if possible, go back to the current time. I really wonder what my life would have looked like currently if that accident had not happened.

12. June Cleaver

I would go back to the mid 1970's and confront my parents. Let them know I am a girl and beg them to get me fixed if that could have been done back then while I was still a child. Also the 70's were a great time for me to visit while my relatives were all still alive. June

13. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I would go back to 1990 & visit my Dad & try to convince him to get himself checked out for Lung Cancer, my Dad left it to late to get it checked out, by the time he finally went to the Doctors, the cancer had spread to far, if he had gone earlier,he would still be here today :frowning2:

14. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Napoleonic age for me. I like he style and aesthetic of the period. Plus, I think it isn't too alien, so I would still be able to fit in.

Also, I'd take a lot of engineering manuals. I could probably make my way to fame and fortune with them, and improve some things along the way. If we redid it with some more forethought, the Industrial Revolution could turn out a whole lot better!

In any case, prospective time travelers should print this out: elementary science stuff that could make your life a whole lot better, if you find yourself in the past!

[​IMG]

15. Ralivar

I would love to go back and see all the Wonders of the Ancient World; The Pyramids in all their glory, Rome before it crumbled into ruins, The Temple of Luxor, Petra, The Athenian Acropolis, The Great Wall. I think it would be amazing to see all these places when they were at their peak.

16. Hexagon

I would travel into the future and stay there. I don't like the way the world is now, or how its been in the last 2000 years, but I think that improvement is inevitable, unless the nukes get there first. I would probably travel forward to a nice revolution somewhere.

17. Sully

The whole of time at your disposal? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I don't think revolutions are ever nice XD

For me? Ignoring inhibiting factors, it'd have to be pre history for me!

18. ilayis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wow...So much to think about.I would probably go back to when I was a kid and tell myself no matter what happens,how the outcome might look or how scared you are.Stand up for yourself.Don't play the victim and be the tough man that you should be.Even if it means getting the crap beat out of you....There's more I'd also love to go back for but theres too many to count.

19. tulman

I'd go back to the 1970s & early 80s and relive the wild sex days before terminal STDs were killing people and I was still young and virile enough to enjoy them.
    Always being interested in mechanical things, I'd also go back to the late 19th century and the beginning of the 20th century era and be part of the Industrial Revolution. What an exciting time to be alive it must have been. I could have witnessed the invention and development of smokeless gun powder, internal combustion gas and diesel engines, motorized transportation including motorcycles, automobiles, trucks, airplanes and agricultural equipment. Maybe I could have rubbed elbows with the industrial geniuses of the day like Rockefeller, Carnegie, Ford, Vanderbilt, Morgan and Flagler. These giants built the industrial foundation of this country, the banking, oil, steel, automobile and railroad industries and put in the history books forever what can be accomplished without government getting in the way. The History Channel series, "Men Who Built America" is well worth viewing.
    There was also a movie made in 1960 "The Time Machine" starring Rod Taylor and Yvette Mimieux. Great special effects for 1960. It's one of my favorites.

#19 tulman, Mar 29, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
  20. imDia

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would go back to where I was still a young girl and didn't know why I'd rather look at girls than at boys and when I first heard about Homosexuality. It was horrible and I tried to push my feelings away.

I would walk up to myself and tell me that what I feel is perfectly fine and 'normal', that I shouldn't be ashamed of me and just tell my parents and brothers then my current situation wouldn't be so fucked up.

I'd also like to travel to the future just to see if my parents will still be in my life and if society is more accepting and of course one of my biggest worries is to find out if i will spent my life alone or if i have a wife and children.

#20 imDia, Mar 29, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2013