1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best and worst book/films?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LoveMusicPoetry, Mar 28, 2013.

1. LoveMusicPoetry

I am just watching the second Lord Of The Rings film again. Although they aren't my favourite books ever, the films are probably my favourite screen adaptations.

What are your favourite and least favourite book to film adaptations?

My favourites are, and none of these are particularly my favourite books: The Lord Of The Rings, Schindler's Ark/List, Trainspotting.

My least favourite, and again, not necessarily my favourite books: The Colour Purple, The War Of The Worlds, [That awful Spielberg remake with that annoying little girl and that gobby lad in it], and a contraversial one here, The Shining.

I've just realised, I've got three Spielberg films in my choices... Two of them in the worst catagory...

2. Wolfie Charm

Can’t think of a favorite right now, but least would be Final Jeopardy by Linda Fairstein. I love the book and was horribly disappointed in the movie. The acting was forced and they changed too much despite using a few direct quotes. It was basically an entirely different story. If the series ever does become films I really want them to redo that one.