1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you believe in bisexuality?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Sully, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Sully

Two close friends of mine, whom are both gay, dead set don't believe in bisexuality!

I'm not even out yet and I think it's ridiculous that they don't! They say it's a 'transitional phase', maybe that's the case for them but I don't see how they can't understand why one person can't be attracted to/ love both sexes. Sure, most people probably have some for of preference but are still bisexual!

I'd love to hear thoughts on this!

2. Ruby

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think it's kind of silly and have to wonder if they realize what kind of people they sound like when they say things like that.

BTW I very much believe in bisexuality just for the record.

3. Stripe101

No, man. There's no such thing as bisexuals. Or gay people for that matter. We are just holograms that God made to piss of the overly religous people

4. Vesper

Aren't the facts the facts regardless of whether you believe them or not?

5. Cthulhu

They seem to believe that everyone is like them, even though it's not always the case.

6. June Cleaver

Yes Bisexuals do exist. I have dated 2 Bi guys. Both loved sex with both females and males. With the second I watched him enjoy several women and we had pleanty of sex of corse. He thought all people were Bi and tried everything to get me to try a woman. He just could not grasp that I AM a woman inside. I really feel sorry for anyone who wants both. It distroyed both relationships for me. June

7. 4ever Hearth

:roflmao:

I definitely believe in Bisexual people since I consider myself Bisexual. I find both sexes attractive and I can be with either/or but I think the issue with Bisexuality as well as Trans, Genderfluidity, etc is that in all honestly Gay and Lesbian(no offense to either) are two concepts that can be made to fit "traditional" roles i.e Lesbians are Men in women's bodies and Gay men are women in men's bodies. Now when it comes to the others, it's harder for that to be done. So instead of ppl taking the progressive route, as much as they swear they are, they shun it and pretend like something's wrong with it when that is not true at all.

And just think about if they knew how Bisexuality comes in varying degrees. I would die of laughter watching the heads spin from that one. :lol:

8. Spatula

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Imagine growing up and having people tell you your whole life that your sexuality is not actually real. Think that would fuck you up? It's not easy to live with that, especially when it predominantly seems to come from people who should be allies.

Kind of silly when you think about how common bisexuality is in the animal kingdom. Never mind that most instances of same-sex mating behavior observed are sporadic, and the animals engaging in them aren't necessarily locked into only same-sex behavior for the duration of their lives. Never mind that one of our closest living relatives among the primates is also one of the most bisexual species on the planet. Clearly humans are the exception.

That's probably the strongest argument for our existence, but the fact that a very large percentage of transgendered/transsexual people are also bi is another strong point. If you're already trans, why would you lie about your sexuality? "It would be fine if you were just trans, but trans and gay? Get out of this house". --Something uttered by no parent ever.

9. BiWidow

This person is very biphobic. Before coming out to myself, I used to think that I had to choose between liking men or women and that I must be crazy for liking both. I have realized sexual attraction is not a matter of black or white. There are so many grey areas to consider. Bisexuality does exist. It isn't a phase nor is it necessarily a step toward admitting you're gay.

10. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I'm bi so it's hard not to. :slight_smile:
    People who think I don't exist, or that my love isn't real, it makes it scary to come out to gay people who you'd think would accept me after what they've gone through.

11. steelygreye

Um... it's not about Lesbians being "men in women's bodies" or the reverse with gay males, you're confusing that with being Transgender, and a Transgender person could easily be straight, gay or bisexual. There are many masculine gay men, and feminine gay women - it has nothing to do with gender. It's simply attraction, and while I accept bisexuality and have no problem with it (I would date someone who is bi), bisexual people shouldn't think that everyone is bisexual. While people tend to vary at various degrees, many people are on one side far enough that they only are interested in one gender.

12. RedLight

I definitely believe in bisexuality...actually right now I'm starting to wonder if that's not me.

13. Sully

Thanks for the feedback.

I for the life me CANNOT see any argument as to why bisexuality doesn't exist!

14. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Just as a good number number of homophobic 'straight' men are secretly gay, I believe a good number of these biphobic 'gay' men are downright scared of the possibility of being attracted to members of the opposite sex in any way.

It's more complicated than that, obviously. You have the fact that many young gay teens come out as bi at first, that society pressures bisexuals into 'choosing' a side, that men are thought of being either '100% gay' or '100% straight', and the common issue of self-identified bisexual men in heterosexual relationships having anonymous male-male sex in the shadows, among others.

15. Mrcake

bisexuality exists - look up early greek and roman culture. The early greek and roman males would commonly have sex with each other as an act of brotherhood and love. The culture is also known for its extreme hate towards women -- this is mythology based by the way, but basically the romans and greeks were bisexuals for the most part.

16. Private

You sir, deserve a medal.:thumbsup:

Back to the topic. Of course there are, I think myself as a bisexual but tends to like guys more since I get rejected many times by girls. Really why? Anyways. Many people just tend to put things in their own point of view to make themselves feel better.

17. IrishEyes1989

:eusa_clap

Sully, direct your skeptical friends my way and I'll show them that bisexuality is totally legit. I am a bit of an expert lol :slight_smile:

18. June Cleaver

Being trans, I was told I was gay since obviously I look like a guy and am sexualy attracted to guys. So yes it does F you up to be told you don't exist. Had I known 20 years ago, I would have gone for reconstruction and maybe had a chance at a normal life. I am in no way Bi, nor have I in my entire life ever thought of having sex with a woman not even once! The idea of sex with one is gross to me, but I would love to have the body though. Had I been given the right body I would have been a straight woman only. In my case I had never heard of trans people till Jan 2013. Which at 40 is too late for me. I do know Bi people are real, just like trans people like me are too. What is so hard for people to get? I just don't understand! June

19. TrangNhi2154

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I think homosexuals find bisexuality a bit threatening because they seem to think it implies they had a choice and may be unwittingly jealous imagining that bisexuals "get the best of both worlds". This isn't true. Bi people don't have a choice and neither do gays or straights and we don't get the best of both worlds... I think that bi people get the ugliest of both sides with people judging them from every angle. IT doesn't mean we have twice the people to chose from because a lot of people refuse to date bisexuals under the false assumption that we cannot be faithful or that we're diseased.

That's what I believe. But I'm totally gay. I'm a 5.5-6 on the kinsey scale.

20. Juggalo

I consider myself gay. Shit, I've know I like males since I was a little kid. But every once in a while, its like a switch gets flipped in my head, and I start to find women attractive, instead of just people. Hell, I'm only recently realizing that I'm probaly bi myself. I've always found boobies interesting, in a "oh hey thats neat" kinda way, but lately I've looked back at myself and realized that there have actually been a few times I was legit attracted to women. (hell, i lost my straight virginity years ago, thanks smirnoff :/) I've personally never really felt disgust at the idea of sex with a women. When I think about it, its like, "Yeah, I could do that. But I don't want to." I guess i had like, reverse childhood or something, because long story short, I've always known I was gay and started getting confused once I realized some women can be sexually attractive. So, in summation, my mind and soul are gay, but my dick swings both ways.

A lot of gay people I've met came out as bi first, I think thats where the stigma comes from.