1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Non-binary folk!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Eatthechildren, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Eatthechildren

How many people here are non-binary?

At the moment, I'm torn between the labels, Agender, Pangender, and Boi :s What about you? Or do you go with something more umbrella?

2. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In terms of gender or romantic and sexual orientation?

With gender I typically am perceived as male, and caught off-guard when people think I am a girl (which happens a lot when I'm clean-shaven - how, I don't know). I personally have some affinity toward the "agender" term simply because it's like I how to view the world. Not in groups, just as people.

With sexual/romantic orientation, I typically say (if I'm giving the long version) that I am "most certainly not straight, and very nearly absolutely gay - but not necessarily in the habit of excluding women either." I believe the technical term is "confused" :thumbsup:.

3. TheUglyBarnacle

Boi and Agender would describe me if I could combine them in some way, I guess. I don't feel particularly dysphoric even though there are days that I just wanna get rid of my boobs. And some days I love them. But I'm mostly apathetic to my female body. It wouldn't matter to me if I was MAAB and it doesn't really matter that I'm FAAB either.

Labels are just that. Labels. Genderqueer covers most of them (the non-binary ones, at least).

4. LoveMusicPoetry

Meh, I like being female and I like females, so I guess I am binary. I don't identify as any of the stereodyke subcatagories though.

5. Eatthechildren

You've pretty much described me, except that sometimes my hips make my reaaaallly dysphoric as well. I might go with "Agender boi" or something :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. Romi

I'm about as non-binary as one can get. And I use term genderqueer to describe my gender. To describe me in general, I'm willing to say I'm queer. So very. Because I am odd on levels.

I'm not fond of labels because I could never find one that me just right, but I think using genderqueer works for me, because it encompasses the confusing, ever-changing duality of my sexuality and gender. There's no automatic stigma attached. Yes, people have to dig a little deeper to figure you out, but is that such a bad thing?

---------- Post added 29th Mar 2013 at 09:47 AM ----------

An boi....this is new to me. Someone explain this please.

7. jackram

Well, although I'm mostly male, part of me is also somewhat genderqueer. To avoid confusion among my peers and family, I simply stick with trans* because most of them could not wrap their heads around a gender spectrum rather than binary. XD

8. Eatthechildren

Boi may also refer to a female-bodied person, who generally does not identify as, or only partially identifies as feminine, female, a girl, or a woman...Many are also genderqueer or practice genderfuck. Bois may prefer a range of pronouns, including "he", "she", or non-binary and gender-neutral pronouns such as "they", "co", "hir", "sie", "zie", and "ey".[9] The term has found increasing usage in the larger LGBT culture.

9. Romi

That was insightful. Thanks!

And now I have even more gender neutral pronouns to consider in general. "co" and "ey?" Whaaaat?

There's a reason I just let people decide what they wanna call me. Lol.

10. Eatthechildren

It's a little confusing :s I like "they" pronouns personally :3

11. Naren

I don't even know anymore tbh

12. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

*raises hand* I go with agender because it best describes how I relate to gender. The same way asexual people have no sexual reaction to anything, I have no reaction to things based on whether they're gendered one way or another.

13. Alyssum

I'm not totally sure what I am, but I'm pretty sure I'm outside of the binary in some ways. Sometimes I definitely feel female but other times I'm not sure if I'm really just nothing or something else and I lean towards being female for physical reasons.

Also, I have a sneaking suspicion that my sexuality is actually more like panromantic asexuality combined with a high libido, high sensitivity to touch, low euphoria threshold, and an addictive personality. I like being stimulated but I never really have any interest in stimulating anyone else even if I do think they're aesthetically attractive or if I'm in love with them, all of my fantasies are really just about me. Putting this into practice has so far proved to bring similar results.

14. Rachyl

Rachyl Guest

Demisexual fits me to a T *hehe* Being Transgender, and Demisexual was a bit confusing at first, but I'm slowly learning to trust my feelings and my inner instincts about myself.

15. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

I can relate to this.

16. Oddish

Oddish Guest

Same case for me.

17. Tetraquark

Tetraquark Guest

I'm questioning my gender. I'm FAAB and do feel some connection to being female. I'm more or less comfortable with my body, but I don't really perceive it as female. I also greatly prefer to be addressed in a gender-neutral manner, though whether that's because of my gender or because the way people in our culture address women is usually condescending I'm not quite sure yet.

18. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

I'd say I'm a boi girl :slight_smile: Gender and sexuality to me is fluid. If I want to bind my chest tomorrow and then wear a dress the day after, who cares?!