1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can someone help me find this book?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Chickenlover, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Chickenlover

...trees and rocks and rocks and trees and WATER!
    This feels like a stupid subject to make a thread on, but I've been searching for this book ever since I read it when I was about eight, and I am beginning to come to the conclusion that it does not exist. I wanted to ask people about it, but I didn't know who, so I settled on you guys. So I was wondering if anyone here had read it heard of it, so that maybe I could find it again. The title is Kitty, and is pink and adorned with white pawprints. At least, that's how I remember it. The story is about two homeless dogs who roam the streets together. They are taken in by a kind woman, who at first mistakes the female dog (the narrator) for a cat, earning her the name "Kitty". The male dog's name is Hudson. I think that Kitty gives birth to puppies and has them taken away. At one point I think Hudson disappears, because I remember Kitty looking for him. He returns though, and the two dogs settle into the house. Unfortunately Hudson's wandering spirit causes him to leave, seeking after the snow in the mountains. Shortly after that the family goes on a trip to the mountains and Kitty has a vision of him sitting in the snow. After this chapter you get a pretty clear sense that Hudson died. It ends with the family getting a new dog and life continuing peacefully. That's the gist of it, and basically all I can remember. Has anyone heard of it before? It really bugs me that I can't find it. Not that I really want to read it, but it's one of those things that always bothers me. Anyhow, anyone know of this book or one similar?

2. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The only one I can think of is "a dog called Kitty" - by Bill Wallace
    That you can buy on Amazon or e-bay :slight_smile:

3. Wolfie Charm

Except the cat bit, this reminds me of A Dog’s Life by Ann M. Martin. You’d probably like it. Two puppies, a brother and sister, set out on their own (I think their family was caught and taken away) and get separated. Squirrel is always hunting for Bone and a place to belong. I’m waiting for the second book, which is about Bone, to go on sale. :slight_smile:

4. Chickenlover

...trees and rocks and rocks and trees and WATER!
    I used to own "A Dog called Kitty". Unfortunately it's not the same book. Thank you though. I appreciate the answer :slight_smile:.

I've read that! It's a pretty good book. Not the one I was thinking of, but a good one anyhow. Thanks for the reply! I didn't know there was a second book. I should read that.

5. Wolfie Charm

I just recently found out too. I got all excited lol. Good luck with the search!

6. animequeen567

A Dog Called Kitty! I had that book, but I never got to read it and now its lost in the house somewhere.

7. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Did a quick search on Bookfinder.com. There are 3 or 4 books named "Kitty", one called "Kitty Kitty", and a shitload of books with "kitty" and something else. Many are children's books, so the one you're after is probably somewhere on that list, though it probably won't be super easy to find as there isn't much of a synopsis for each title.

You may have better luck with Google Books (books.google.com) which allows you to actually see the cover and selected pages of each book from the hundreds of thousands of books they've scanned.