1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

That "Feeling" or vibe

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Iowan1976, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Iowan1976

Has any ever had a "feeling" or vibe around another guy or girl? That happened to me today at work. A consultant came in from a company to train us today in some new software, and I was getting this vibe from him all day long, like he is gay and interested. Now, I am not out, and people think I am straight....so I am just jumping to conclusions or I am getting spring fever and wanting a boyfriend...cause he is really cute :slight_smile:

2. AKTodd

Sounds like your gaydar is coming online :icon_bigg

You could also be getting spring fever and wanting a boyfriend. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

More seriously, while I would be very cautious about trusting it at being anything like 100% accurate, it isn't unknown to get a 'vibe' off someone that they may be gay and have that be accurate. I don't think anyone really knows exactly what combo of behaviors you're actually picking up on but it appears that at least sometimes something is there.

Todd:slight_smile:

3. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

Activating gaydar! :grin:

4. fuzzywuzzy

I got had that recently, and sadly Katy Perry's song 'Ur So Gay' totally described this guy. I feel it from time to time, it's probably the urge to find a partner.

5. LoveMusicPoetry

I definitely have spring fever, so every pretty female I encounter is... straight and not into me at all :frowning2:

6. mwaffles

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Totally! OMG, there's a girl at the gym that she came to talk to me. It was so weird because no one ever comes to talk to me. I think she got me looking at her ya knowwww?!?! That's totally weird because I never talked to her anymore, because I don't go at the same time as her. Anyway... but it happens.

I never understand if it's because we are interested and we want them to be interested as well, or they are interested. SO WEIRD.

7. opti

as long as you dont pick up dead people i think you should be ok, i totally know that feeling when someone, just there presence, makes you tingly and warm like your picking up on how they feel almost

8. hello1992

I think i have had that. Probably with my current long-time crush who i dont have the guts to speak to. But you do have to be careful. It could just be that you like him a lot and picking up any signals that are even slightly queer and concluding that he is gay and interested. Some guys are just really nice, to everyone. You may think they like you in particular, but who knows.

If you really like him, maybe go forward with it before its too late and you regret it. Just make conversation with him...

9. fairlyfey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm hit or miss really, but I kind of prefer to be approached :icon_wink

I don't know.

I have to read the "vibe" 2 ways. I have an easier time spotting les/bi girls than I do with gay/bi guys for some reason. Part of that might be because as a "male" I only have to worry about being shot down by a girl if she's not interested; if I really guess wrong with a guy then oh boy. :eek: I guess certain guys just make me nervous because of what they might do, but most guys are cool. I probably just need to get more comfortable with approaching men and maybe my gaydar will get more accurate around them.

Then there are certain guys that are so so so straight that they kind of have this "threatening" aura, like alpha wolves or something. I know it's got something to do with physicality and territoriality. It's like straight men want more personal space and throw out these aggressive "warnings" if you trespass, but a gay guy seems to have a "smaller personal space" and is friendlier, even if he's not interested in you. Also, straight men seem to slouch more. :eusa_danc

At least that's been my experience, does that make sense?

10. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It might not be a gaydar thing but a simple feeling that they like you too.
    I've had it, dunno if it was true. Not from a girl I don't think... In person at least.

11. Zannan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm going to be the odd one out here but I don't think you can.

12. jeanie

jeanie Guest

I get it sometimes, and up to this point I've been right every time except once. Even before I recognized myself as gay, I'd see some girls and just feel like they were lesbians.

When you know, you know.