1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The stupidest thing I've ever heard...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by reds123, Mar 30, 2013.

1. reds123

reds123 Guest

Well yesterday I was in a family reunion and I don't know why my dad and my aunt were talking about gay people (they don't know I'm gay yet) and my aunt said the stupidest thing I've ever heard... She said that she has a friend that was gay and that he's straight now because they went to a church were the priest did kinda like a exorcism and she saw how the "gay spirit" got out of him and that the spirit was dancing... I jus wanted to slap her. I thought she was open minded... From now on I'm just going to ignore her, she's not my aunt anymore.

So guys, what do you think about this?

2. Lewis

I just find it amusing. Amusing that an individual could be so dim witted and backward thinking. Spirits...dancing...exorcisms - and we're the fucked up ones?

You should probably try and educate her some more. Tell her what she said, she'll probably be surprised that that statement actually came from her mouth.

3. I agree that it is stupid, and that poor person now either lives in quiet shame or was never really gay.

4. Renge

^Agree
    I find it quite funny actually

5. 461 467

Yeah, some of my family believes homosexuality is caused by demons. There really isn't any logic you can argue with. They believe what they believe, as silly as it is.

6. BrokenWings

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you just up and ignored everyone who didn't have the same opinions as you do there'd be no one to talk to. She's still your aunt, you can try to give her more variables to help educate her. But why would you want to? I always get good laughs out of statements like those.

7. Gen

Gen

I dont know. She may be on to something. The spirit did come out dancing...Thats Pretty Gay. :l

All jokes aside, this is obviously ridiculous. The harsh reality is that you can never really be sure of their reaction until moments like this. Psychologically, that man will most likely believe that he has lost his attraction to men and is now interested in women, but it is really only a trick of suppression. Hopefully, he wont waste his life running from himself. Its a shame your aunt believes this. (*hug*)

8. AquaRegia

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sad enough I've heard that before from family members. They don't seem to get it and I don't think there is a way to fix that...ah well..

9. RedLight

Well, you can't really tell her, her beliefs are wrong, but you can try to educate her on what a gay lifestyle means.That poor friend of hers is probably too scared to be himself now.

10. IrishEyes1989

I don't blame you one bit. I wouldn't want to associate with a relative who is that ignorant either. You're better off without her!

11. Hexagon

Wow, I was expecting to be able to think of something stupider, but I'm really struggling here. The only thing I can think of is this time someone asked me if Spain was in the UK.

12. FollowtheFreeman

[​IMG]

13. HEREIAM2

HEREIAM2 Guest

yeh, that is seriously absurd

14. LoveMusicPoetry

I'd just like to see it, that's all. I mean, a spirit dancing... I can't actually even imagine somebody saying something that daft to be honest.

Why is my picture sideways? Must be the gay spirit messing with my head...

15. UndercoverGypsy

Well, I think it all depends on the music that was playing in the background. If it was Abba, the spirit likes guys for sure. If it was something like Motorhead, I wouldn't be sure.

16. nonotreally

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    CAN YOU ASK HER PLEASE WHICH DANCE THE GAY SPIRIT WAS DOING!!! I feel this is very important.

17. Acobi

Acobi Guest

Yes! THIS. I can't make a fair assessment of the situation without this vital information :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

18. Naren

One more on the dumb american (I assume) list

19. Asari

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was in a ministry like this. I had people pray and try and rebuke the "gay spirit."
    It was really damaging and f'ed up. It did nothing but make me hate myself.

20. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

That's fucked up.