1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you Accept yourself?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by 4ever Hearth, Mar 31, 2013.

?

How do you feel about your sexual identity?

1. It's like my twin. We are that in sync.

37 vote(s)
    34.3%
  2. I make do most days.

39 vote(s)
    36.1%
  3. It's shakey but hey, what isn't.

26 vote(s)
    24.1%
  4. It's like the brother/sister I never wanted.

6 vote(s)
    5.6%
  1. 4ever Hearth

Ok so I was thinking about attending an outing with a lgbt group near myself and in the process of that I realized that the idea of being around other lgbt men scared the :***: out of me to be honest. So as I pondered the thought more, I also realized that I am, for lack of a better word though it fits, a prude when it comes to sex and my identity. No, I don't believe I need to tell the world at once but at the same time I feel as if I shouldn't be so hesitant to be in an environment where I can "swim" in it. I'm 21 for god's sake and I know no lgbt men in reality and when I see threads about how some of the old schooler's(no offense) wished they would've learned to be more accepting of themselves around this age it really makes me feel like i'm being a stupid prick. And honestly, I could name a few things that I would like to do with guys :thumbsup: but I just to can't seem to pull myself out of this cocoon and put my feet to pavement.

Anyways, the question is this, Are you and your sexuality on good terms?....Do you ever have moments where it's like "me and -insert attraction-....Nah I shouldn't." or are you just like ":***: yeah, time to party."

If you are more hesitant to embrace the idea or act of being sexually active, why do you think that is?

2. Einturing123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm not sure that I fully understood what you just said...lol

3. 4ever Hearth

The question is, or was supposed to be, are you ok with your sexual identity?

4. tulman

I've always been comfortable with my sexuality and never felt a moment of guilt or apprehension. But that doesn't mean the whole world has to know about it any more than any other of my beliefs or activities.

5. LEZmis4

LEZmis4 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    The answer for me is a very strong...sometimes. I have moments where I think "this isn't so bad; I like this..." And then others where it's more "I don't want this; it wasn't supposed to be this way..." I think I have a ways to go for true acceptance, but I will say I'm further along than I was 6 months ago.

6. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I actually found being asexual a big relief. When I was younger I was terrified of the thought of developing sexual attraction.

7. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, it's scary going "out there", but you have to try it, who knows, you just might love it!

8. Fiddledeedee

I'm fine with it. It's just a fact about me, though it is subject to change in future. I'll muddle through, though, and the only time I became distressed about it was after a Charismatic Christian camp which told us how wrong it was. With some help, that anxiety cleared up fast.

9. BrokenGuy

BrokenGuy Guest

It's like my twin. We are that in sync! :grin:

10. AKTodd

I've never had a problem with being gay, although I did go through a relatively brief period very early on when the idea of intimacy/relationships/"allowing people into my life where there was some possibility of feeling anything and getting hurt" was something I had to work through. After I did I was totally fine with it.

Todd

11. fuzzywuzzy

The only times I hated my sexuality were when I was young and didn't quite realise it. The moment I realised it, I loved it. It was like a whole new world opening up for me to discover. I'm proud of who I am and my sexuality is a part of me.

12. Yui

Yui

I'm okay with it most of the time :slight_smile:

The days I struggle with my sexuality are few and far between (fortunately). I grew up in a very accepting, supportive and tolerant environment so I think that definitely helped.

I can't say I've ever felt real shame - when I'm struggling it's mostly the "being different in a heteronormative society" part, but I'm different in quite a few ways and I've learned how to deal with it.

And I'm fortunate enough to have friends who think I'm the cats pajamas :lol:

#12 Yui, Mar 31, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2013
  13. I hate it at the moment, I'm sure in the future I'll get used to it though.

14. Mysz

It's like the twin I never had :icon_wink we love each other!

15. mpac21

I would say I am fully accepting of myself. There was some confusion back in my middle school days. Thankfully I've been spared most of the abuses some others have had to endure in various aspects of life

16. RedMage

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It depends on how I feel at the moment but for the most part I just try to think of it as just another part of my life. There are some days where I think it be a lot easier on my head to just like the opposite sex but I can't deny my attractions.

17. Yeah, I don't really get this. I don't accept or not accept my sexual identity. It's not my 'twin' - it isn't separate from me. My sexual identity isn't an entity of its own. I am what I am, simple as that.

18. LoveMusicPoetry

I don't know how to answer this one really, because I'm just getting to grips with it in my own mind. One thing I can say is that being straight never fitted me. I always, without acception, felt wrong, in a physical/sexual sense anyway. Now I have acknowledged my gayness, it has introduced me to a whole load of new feelings that I didn't know existed. It takes a bit of getting used to though.

19. RueBea85

RueBea85 Guest

I am becoming more and more accepting of it. I recently started a new job and through some circumstances around 10 people know that I'm gay. It feels good because I don't have to hide it and nobody cares that I'm gay, they still accept me. I think a part of having acceptance for yourself is being accepted by others and knowing you can be yourself around them. I came out last year and over these past 10 months I've become much more confident in who I am :slight_smile:

20. DoctorJones

I've always found it difficult to accept my sexuality because of my background. I still harbor a lot of self-hatred and at times it feels like I'm being swallowed whole, but I'm slowly learning to accept myself