1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Haircuts

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by mark4444, Mar 29, 2008.

1. mark4444

mark4444 Guest

Are haircuts another way to stereotype people i've always wandered this(Just wrote it cause i just got a fohawk):icon_bigg

2. pwnorton

I don't know, but when I first came out, I immediately gave myself a faux hawk and got highlights. So I don't know if I'm just trying to "act" the part, or if its just something that also came out with me.....

Interesting question though

3. ErikPinkLovesU

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Fuaz Hawks are so cute!!!! OMG DAVID BECKHAM!!!

[​IMG]

4. kiddo

I just have mine trimmed for about $3.
    After that, I can go home and do whatever I want with it.

5. Zak

Zak

I got a haircut 7 days ago! Tis was not fun! I luv long hair!!!...so hott!

6. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yes, I believe they are. I don't have a fohawk though, I don't gel or style my hair at all. I have about shoulder-length, thick hair, and everyone I meet asks if I'm in a band or if I play an instrument or something. No to both questions, always, and it gets bothersome. I like my hair to much to hack it all off, but I get annoyed by everyone wanting to know which band I play for.

EDIT: Apparently the haircut thing goes both ways. I just remember overhearing a conversation a while back. A girl was telling her friend how she wanted to get her hair cut short, but not "lesbian short". Everyone gets hit by the hair-stereotyping, I guess.

7. yahooooo

yahooooo Guest

i think that people do sterio type with hair.. maybe more of a lesbian thing tho?? as in i thought about having short hair bt all my mates were like "no dont you'll look like a lesbian" its quite amusing really hahah.... not sure about gay haircuts tho??

oh well... i hate hair cuts!! lol

8. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can get a fohawk, and sometimes I do. :grin:

9. Connor

Connor Guest

Uh, I suppose so. If it's like an emo stereotype one might look for all the hair in the face covering eyes etc. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I haven't cut my hair in a while. It's nice right now I think.

10. Ty

Ty Guest

My hair does nothing. Tis horrid -.-

11. 24601

I don't think hair stereotypes guys as much as it does girls. If guys do something outrageous, though, it might be called "gay." Straightening and highlights are often called gay as well.

I'd like to do something neat with my hair, but I don't know what. It isn't very... manageable. And just to be nitpicky... I think it's spelled "fauxhawk."

12. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The last time I was at the local gay bar it seemed every other guy had a fauxhawk. I've also seen a couple straight people in my class with them. I will let you draw your own conclusions about them being a stereotype.

I like fauxhawks. I think they look really good on some people. Other people look good with other haircuts. Really I think it depends on the person. Except I haven't seen anyone that I think looks good with an emo jet black hair combed in front of the eyes haircut.

Personally I can't stand my hair because I can't seem to do anything with it, it just turns into a big mess. So I've given up trying to style it and just chop it off once a month with a #4 clipper. Good way of saving $15 / month.