Empty Closets Coming Out Resources and a Safe Place to Chat
Welcome Forum Chat Room Resources News Members

Go Back   Empty Closets - A safe online community for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender people coming out > General Chat > Chit Chat

Chit Chat General discussion of topics of interest to LGBT people of all ages.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31st Mar 2013, 08:18 PM   #21
Apprentice Programmer
Full Member
 
Tetraquark's Avatar
 

Gender: Let's say demi-girl (for now)
Orientation: a + bi
Out Status: Out to everyone
Location: Inside my own head
Age: 22
Posts: 1,429
Join Date: Feb 2012


Default Re: What is the most amusing LGBT myth spun by bigots?

I know I've posted this somewhere before, but this was just too hilarious to not mention.

Summary: Women will be hurt by gay marriage because gay sex is so much better than straight sex that all the men will marry other men. The evidence for this is a character in an ancient Greek play. Women won't marry other women because apparently lesbian sex isn't as good.

Edit: Oh, I almost forgot to mention that this is apparently the reason why Rome fell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 461 467 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naren View Post
I heard one that I believe came from the church, something along the lines of the numbers of gay/etc people are increasing and they will soon have a world majority, take over the government, kill off all the straight people, and run the world into the ground. It was funny.
Actually, I saw a book about that on Amazon a few weeks ago.

It was a sci-fi thriller, if I recall. Hopefully someone knows the name, but the plot was something about a society in which the government controls the population through genetically modified reproduction in laboratories, and any natural reproduction is strictly forbidden, except for research purposes. All people are homosexual, and anyone found to be heterosexual is sent off to special work camps and prisons. The protagonist is a heterosexual, struggling to keep his sexual identity hidden.
Could it be Out by Laura Preble?
__________________
"If someone says it's wrong to hope, I will tell them that they're wrong every time. I could tell them that countless times!" -- Kaname Madoka

Last edited by Tetraquark; 31st Mar 2013 at 08:21 PM..
Tetraquark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Mar 2013, 08:22 PM   #22
Vaporeon, at your service -bows-
Full Member
 
Crystal's Vaporeon's Avatar
 

Gender: Female Vaporeon
Orientation: Questioning
Location: NSW, Australia
Posts: 427
Join Date: Jul 2012


Default Re: What is the most amusing LGBT myth spun by bigots?

People saying that trans people are gay....
I mean my best friend is trans fem. and she likes guys. Just because physically she is male doesn't mean she is gay, in her heart and mind she is a female therefore she is perfectly straight for liking guys.
Personally saying that a trans person is gay even though after they had a gender change they would be straight is like saying this puppy isn't a dog even though it will grow up to be a dog.... I dunno I guess that's something that annoys me
__________________
Forever Undead
~ Crystal Comatose
Crystal's Vaporeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Mar 2013, 09:28 PM   #23
On a journey of single steps
Full Member
 
Mogget's Avatar
 
Gender: Agender (dmab)
Orientation: Mostly androsexual, panromantic
Out Status: Out as gay, out to some as panromantic and agender
Location: New England
Age: 25
Posts: 3,285
Join Date: Mar 2010


Default Re: What is the most amusing LGBT myth spun by bigots?

That bi guys are secretly gay and bi girls are secretly straight. Apparently dick is Just That Awesome.
__________________
So with a boundless mind may I cherish all living things,
Suffusing love over the entire world -
Above, below, and all around, without limit;
So may I cultivate an infinite good will toward the whole world. - Metta Sutta
Mogget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Mar 2013, 09:36 PM   #24
You're.. going... to LOVE ME!!!!!
Full Member
 
PurpleRain's Avatar
 

Gender: Girl! (Don't try and tell me I'm not. :P)
Orientation: Pan-Romantic Homosexual (Totally Gay :P)
Out Status: Only a few people.
Location: Skyrim... I have no life, and enjoy it. :D
Age: 19
Posts: 1,132
Join Date: Mar 2013


Default Re: What is the most amusing LGBT myth spun by bigots?

Oh, I like the one that transwomen are succubi.

(Succubus/Incubus - A demon sent from hell to seduce men and steal their semen to impregnate women; also sucks the life and souls out of their victims. The succubus is the female form and the incubus is the male form.)
PurpleRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Mar 2013, 09:37 PM   #25
EC Addict
Regular Member
 
gravechild's Avatar
 
Gender: Genderqueer
Orientation: "Equal Opportunity Lech"
Out Status: Some people
Posts: 2,896
Join Date: Mar 2013

Tournaments Won: 9

Default Re: What is the most amusing LGBT myth spun by bigots?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogget View Post
Apparently dick is Just That Awesome.
It's not that I disagree with you...
gravechild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Mar 2013, 09:48 PM   #26
That one weirdo
Full Member
 

Gender: Male
Orientation: Gay
Out Status: Lost count
Location: DFW
Posts: 194
Join Date: Nov 2012


Default Re: What is the most amusing LGBT myth spun by bigots?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo View Post
I read the funniest article a few months back about how people become gay when evil sex demons infiltrate their dreams. It was hilariously well written considering how batshit insane it was.

I love my sex demon, lol.
I remember that article! It was so stupid :P
__________________
People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.
--The Doctor
Shadow7796 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Mar 2013, 09:54 PM   #27
Member
Full Member
 
steelygreye's Avatar
 
Gender: Female
Orientation: Lesbian
Out Status: Some people
Location: United States
Posts: 95
Join Date: Mar 2013


Default Re: What is the most amusing LGBT myth spun by bigots?

I find the one where "gays are trying to get special privileges" to be especially annoying, even though it's more annoying than funny.

Do you have the link to that "gay sex demon" article? xD
steelygreye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Mar 2013, 10:16 PM   #28
EC addict
Full Member
 
MtnFr3sh's Avatar
 

Gender: Male
Orientation: Gay
Out Status: My closet is made of glass
Location: Texas
Age: 17
Posts: 511
Join Date: Sep 2012


Default Re: What is the most amusing LGBT myth spun by bigots?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogget View Post
Apparently dick is Just That Awesome.
Well...it is awesome
__________________
Be the arrow
MtnFr3sh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Mar 2013, 10:59 PM   #29
There's no place like 127.0.0.1
Full Member
 
Naren's Avatar
 

Gender: Transgender - MtF (Pre-Transition)
Orientation: Pansexual
Out Status: 20 and counting. No family, they suck.
Location: Wanna see me? Buy a telescope.
Age: 17
Posts: 601
Join Date: Mar 2012


Default Re: What is the most amusing LGBT myth spun by bigots?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregontinker View Post
Can we create a save the straight people campaign? We need them to keep making more gay people
LMAO sure
__________________
"Be yourself - everyone else is already taken." ...And the lesbians

"It's not about money, it's about sending a message. Everything burns."
"I'm so far in the closet I'm having tea with Mr. Tumnus."
Naren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Mar 2013, 11:12 PM   #30
Well Known
Regular Member
 
TeddyJavier's Avatar
 
Gender: Dude
Orientation: Gay
Out Status: Just my best friend.
Location: New Britain, Connecticut
Age: 23
Posts: 115
Join Date: Jul 2010


Default Re: What is the most amusing LGBT myth spun by bigots?

Westboro came to my high school a few years back and a few of them had signs that said, "gays eat babies."

But thats bullshit because I only eat preteens.
TeddyJavier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Apr 2013, 12:38 PM   #31
AKA B.I.T
Full Member
 
BornInTexas's Avatar
 

Gender: Male
Orientation: Gay
Out Status: Back in
Location: Louisiana
Age: 19
Posts: 2,414
Join Date: Feb 2013


Default Re: What is the most amusing LGBT myth spun by bigots?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyJavier View Post
Westboro came to my high school a few years back and a few of them had signs that said, "gays eat babies."

But thats bullshit because I only eat preteens.
BornInTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Apr 2013, 12:41 PM   #32
Militant Homosexual
Full Member
Threadstarter
 
Beware Of You's Avatar
 

Gender: Male
Orientation: I like guys <3
Out Status: Out to everyone
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Age: 24
Posts: 1,902
Join Date: Mar 2013


Default Re: What is the most amusing LGBT myth spun by bigots?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain View Post
Oh, I like the one that transwomen are succubi.

(Succubus/Incubus - A demon sent from hell to seduce men and steal their semen to impregnate women; also sucks the life and souls out of their victims. The succubus is the female form and the incubus is the male form.)
Lol thats hilarious
Beware Of You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Apr 2013, 12:52 PM   #33
EC Addict
Full Member
 
MichaelB's Avatar
 
Gender: Male
Orientation: Bisexual
Out Status: All but family
Location: England
Age: 20
Posts: 455
Join Date: Sep 2012


Default Re: What is the most amusing LGBT myth spun by bigots?

That if you have a dick, I will want to suck it.


Nothing is more aggrivating than having really ugly straight men act cautious around me; believe it or not, if a girl doesn't go near you doesn't automatically mean I'm desperate enough to try.
__________________
Life is far too important a thing ever to talk seriously about.
- Oscar Wilde
MichaelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Apr 2013, 04:59 PM   #34
EC Addict
Full Member
 
June Cleaver's Avatar
 

Gender: Trans-woman
Orientation: Straight
Out Status: A few people
Location: United States of America
Posts: 1,231
Join Date: Jan 2013


Default Re: What is the most amusing LGBT myth spun by bigots?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelB View Post
That if you have a dick, I will want to suck it.


Nothing is more aggrivating than having really ugly straight men act cautious around me; believe it or not, if a girl doesn't go near you doesn't automatically mean I'm desperate enough to try.
Consider yourself lucky! They follow me around in public all the time. Those types seem to have a fasination with my ass, smacking it or worse grabbing it in public! And they don't take NO well.... I like how you put it! I swear these guys around here think all I do is walk around looking for a dick to suck! I had to put a gate with a chain and lock across my driveway with NO TRESPASSING every 5 feet across the front to stop the lost dogs from showing up at my door and I rarely go to town alone. June
June Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Apr 2013, 05:14 PM   #35
Banned
 

Gender: Male
Orientation: Gay
Out Status: A Few People & My Mom
Location: UK
Posts: 5,855
Join Date: Feb 2013


Default Re: What is the most amusing LGBT myth spun by bigots?

That Gay Men, Fancy All Men
Dublin Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Apr 2013, 05:24 PM   #36
I'm Mega Evolving
Full Member
 
Absol's Avatar
 

Gender: Male
Orientation: I like the Onix, Not the Cloyster ;)
Out Status: Out to my Brother and two friends!
Location: Bristol, VA
Age: 25
Posts: 374
Join Date: Mar 2013


Default Re: What is the most amusing LGBT myth spun by bigots?

The belief that gay people are only born of gay people. /facepalm

Also that apparently if two guys sun bathe on a beach together, they're gay and if a women plays softball, they're gay. wut?
Absol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Apr 2013, 05:43 PM   #37
autistic shrink-in-training
Regular Member
 
Gender: Female
Orientation: asexual
Out Status: Out to everyone
Location: Canada
Age: 25
Posts: 1,533
Join Date: Nov 2012


Default Re: What is the most amusing LGBT myth spun by bigots?

Quote:
women will be hurt by gay marriage because gay sex is so much better than straight sex that all the men will marry other men. the evidence for this is a character in an ancient greek play. women won't marry other women because apparently lesbian sex isn't as good.
It's stuff like this that makes me think homophobes are closeted gays...
Ettina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Apr 2013, 05:44 PM   #38
The Chaotic Gaymer
Full Member
 
rg93's Avatar
 

Gender: Male
Orientation: Gay
Out Status: Out to 14
Location: Germany
Age: 21
Posts: 311
Join Date: Jun 2012


Default Re: What is the most amusing LGBT myth spun by bigots?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo View Post
I read the funniest article a few months back about how people become gay when evil sex demons infiltrate their dreams. It was hilariously well written considering how batshit insane it was.

I love my sex demon, lol.
That.. sounds.... Awesome!! it was probably a priest or something
rg93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Apr 2013, 05:59 PM   #39
Well Known
Regular Member
 
Ardelia's Avatar
 

Gender: Female
Orientation: Gay
Out Status: Family only
Location: Europe
Posts: 167
Join Date: Feb 2013


Default Re: What is the most amusing LGBT myth spun by bigots?

Some guy on TV said it's an addiction. He said that we tried homosexual sex, and now can't get enough of it. God I wish that was true for me, I really do.
Ardelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Apr 2013, 10:14 PM   #40
Member
Regular Member
 
Saxyguy1994's Avatar
 

Gender: Male
Orientation: Gay
Out Status: Most people know
Location: Alabama
Posts: 23
Join Date: Mar 2013


Default Re: What is the most amusing LGBT myth spun by bigots?

The funniest myth I have ever heard is that hanging out with gay people will make you gay. There is no merit in that whatsoever because a person's sexuality is their decision to make and their feelings. If they are gay because of another person and would not be gay without the influence of the other person, they are not really gay.
Saxyguy1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LGBT News: President Obama Proclaims June LGBT Pride Month Red87 Current Events, World News, & LGBT News 41 21st Sep 2014 12:52 AM
English Paper on LGBT XxToshixX Chit Chat 0 14th Jul 2010 06:17 AM
Community Rallies for Homeless LGBT Youth in Union Square Dan82 Current Events, World News, & LGBT News 1 15th Jun 2010 11:50 AM
LGBT people in the South edogs334 Chit Chat 11 8th Feb 2009 08:52 PM
New Section - LGBT News, Rights, Issues and Equality Paul_UK Current Events, World News, & LGBT News 11 2nd Nov 2008 06:33 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright (c) 2004-2014, Empty Closets Community Services
the Empty Closets name and logo are registered trademarks of Empty Closets Community Services

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20