1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reincarnation, or afterlife?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Alex94, Mar 31, 2013.

?

Reincarnation or afterlife?

1. Reincarnation

22 vote(s)
    47.8%
  2. Afterlife

24 vote(s)
    52.2%
  1. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

Okay so I want to get an idea of what people believe here.
    - Do you believe their is life after death, i.e reuniting with relatives who have passed before you have.
    - Or option two reincarnation, coming back as something new i.e a different person/animal or a plant.

2. Xochipilli

This is bad, but I've never really thought about it. I like afterlife though.

3. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

I tend to think into things a lot more than most since I spend a lot of time thinking when I can't sleep at night. Such as right now, I am awake still and its nearly 2 am.

4. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I was a kid, I thought people only lived to see 100. Once they turn 100, they die and come back as someone else; so the cycle of life never really dies. But that was when I was 5 or 6. Where I stand now, I don't know.

5. cityofangels

cityofangels Guest

The way I see it is that there is an afterlife, but also reincarnation. I think people get reincarnated back onto earth so that they can learn their lessons and experience personal growth.

6. Ticklish Fish

:/ Idk man lol.
    you're questioning me if there's a soul lol.

I mean, I know that all my carbons and nitrogens and oxygens will regenerate into another life or molecules lol.

IDK man.

DO I HAVE A SOUL? WHAT IF I AM A TACO IN THE NEXT LIFE?

7. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

How is their an afterlife then afterlife is eternal life outside of the world we live in, reincarnation is coming back into this world as another being. Afterlife is not the same thing as far as I am concerned. Cityofangels, would you be as kind as to elaborate?

---------- Post added 1st Apr 2013 at 01:59 AM ----------

Ticklish Fish, being a taco is not something living. You could come back as a cow though. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. Mogget

Not all of us think there's an afterlife or reincarnation. I think that when you die your consciousness snuffs out and that's it.

9. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

Yes I know Mogget, I forgot to create a third option on the poll.

10. saggitarius91

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have several theories about this but since there are only 2 options, I chose reincarnation. A few years ago, I had a Siamese cat named Sammie whom I loved. He had a outgoing personality, if you believe animals have personalities, which I do, and being a Siamese, very smart and mischievous. Sadly, he ran away when my dad kicked him out of the house for peeing on the carpet, it was the middle of winter and we never saw him again. Soon after my stepmom had a baby boy and as he grew, I swear I see the similarities between him and Sammie. I like to believe that my cat returned as my brother. :slight_smile:

11. vyvance

I believe you simply cease to exist.

12. Ridiculous

It all seems very silly to me. People don't ask what happens to their computer when they turn it off, so I don't know why the electrical impulses in our brains are a special case.

13. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

Saggitarius91 that is amazing, I have never personally had an experience like that.

14. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't believe in either, nor do I disbelieve. I like the idea of reincarnation, which is why I don't expect it to be true.. since it sounds nice. Living again. Of course I was raised to believe in an eternal Hell, so not going there sounds nice! I don't want to just disappear, I want to live again.

15. WhiteRaven

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My scientific mind says there is absolutely, utterly NOTHING after we die... :frowning2:
    My heart and personal mind opt for reincarnation though. To me it just makes more sense than an afterlife of sorts, though I always imagined there to be a 'space', call it heaven if you like, where people, or souls rest or come through before they get born again.

And something which I've always wondered... if reincarnation is indeed very much real, do plants then also reincarnate? (how is it to be a plant? Lol!) Plants don't really have a conciousness, do they, but they ARE alive, and I would say everything which lives has a soul of sorts and can reincarnate. But seeing similarities between the chopped tree in your backyard and your brother is a bit too far fetched. Lol!

Amazing you had such an experience, Sagittarius, I never experienced such a thing first hand. Of course I heard of it, but that's it...

16. Gaysibling

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Option three for me. I don't believe in either reincarnation or an afterlife. When I die I believe that I will simply cease to exist.

17. Ticklish Fish

PS. what about coming back as a self-replicating bacterium or virus or parasite that cause the death of a lot of.. things?

18. PinkFluff

Nothing happens. Although, a "soul" taking shape in another being seems alot more "realistic" than a place where you are eternally happy forever and the positivity never ends.

19. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I say afterlife. :slight_smile:

I believe our energy doesn't die (since it's scientifically proven energy cannot die), yet changes form and in my humble opinion, location as well~<3

20. ilayis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I hope for reincarnation,but an afterlife does sound nice.Again I hope for the first but kind of believe that when we die we are just gone forever.