1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

$64.000 Question

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Dublin Boy, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I came out to a few friends about 3 years ago as being Gay, afterwards I regretted it & Self Doubt crept in, I though I may have came out too quick.

I then sat down & though to myself, I know I am not Straight, but perhaps I am Bi, I then convinced myself of this & went back to my friends & said "actually, I am Bi" which they accepted & made jokes about me having more of an option now.

Now 3 years later, I have actually sat down & analyzed my life with a fine tooth comb & for the 1st time in my life, I finally came out to myself as Gay & it feels great :slight_smile:

Now my question that I want to ask, is this normal?

is it possible to come out to other people 1st, without actually coming out to yourself?

2. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    :smilewave

---------- Post added 1st Apr 2013 at 05:02 PM ----------

I came out to a few friends about 3 years ago as being gay, afterwards i regretted it, and self doubt crept in, I though i may have came out too quick.

I then sat down and though to myself, I know I am not straight, but perhaps I am bi, I then convinced myself of this and went back to my friends and said "actually, I am bi" which they accepted and made jokes about me having more of an option now.

now 3 years later, I have actually sat down and analyzed my life with a fine tooth comb and for the first time in my life, I finally came out to myself as gay and it feels great

now my question that i want to ask, is this normal?

Is it possible to come out to other people first without actually coming out to yourself?

3. Lewis

lol! I'll milk you :wink:

In regards to the question (from what I can decipher), I think you can definitely come at as not straight before fully coming out to yourself. I mean I could have told people I wasn't straight about 5 years ago, but didn't because I wasn't sure exactly what my orientation was at the time.

Not sure how this post will appear. If it's illegible, you might have to wait until the format changes back.

Edit: apparently nothing changed in my post, woo!

4. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Lol, the second one makes more sense :slight_smile:

5. Funny. in the UK, $64.000 means $64.

6. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think that would be 2 zero's :slight_smile: