1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Snail's Globe Slide!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Snail, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Snail

So as some already know, I spent the past year travelling around the world in a variety of ways. I mostly hitched-hiked on various buses and planes to get to where I want to go, only because it'll take too long to slide long distances! I went most places, but skipped the cooler parts of the world because my darling Shelly who came with me isn't a fan of being cold (bless!)

So I travelled from my home garden, which is in a quiet countryside near London. I first hopped over the Channel (well under it in the Tunnel) and visited France! Shelly and I really wanted to climb the Eiffel Tower but it turns out it's much too high for one day - it always looks so much small in the postcards! - and I found I was a little too afraid of heights once I got half way up the leg :icon_redf Anyway, Shelly staged a Godzilla type picture on a model Tower, isn't she a cutie? :love:

Next was Italy and the lovely leaning Tower of Pisa. We were very tired after our flight here... and perhaps a large crust of margherita pizza was to blame as well? :lol: At the same restaurant bin we stopped at for dinner, we saw these gorgeous little pasta shapes; the Italians make pasta shells!

The next stop was another flight to Egypt and the ancient stone artefacts there, including the ruins of this temple. It was mighty hot, it's at times like that I wish I could pop off my shell for an hour or too :lol: We asked for a ride on a camel but the owners didn't understand our English, nor like our lack of money :icon_sad:

[​IMG]

Back to a cooler place now; Moscow! Doesn't St Basil remind you of snail shells at a carnival? We thought so and so did another pair of snails we slid past in the square.

At this point, Shelly had grown very fond of air-travel (I'm still a little shaky on my foot with heights, I will admit :help:slight_smile: but she promised me she had managed to book a space up in the First Class part of the plane! Well, I can say I forgot my fear of heights for the 18 odd hours it took to fly to Australia! I think I put on a little too much weight after all the food on board because my shell felt very tight afterwards :grin:

We visited Uluru, which was just massive! I wanted to climb to the top and recreate the famous Will and Kate scene from Titanic but Shelly would have none of it; the red dust was ruining her shell, she said! :dry: I thought she looked rather alureing in that primal way all covered in dust. :icon_redf
    We stopped by for a few days on the beach near Sydney and saw the bridge at night. So lovely and beautiful :love: And we made great friends with a couple of lovely local bipeds who were cooking strawberries on a BBQ one day. If you know me, you know I adore strawberries. They were so tasty. I've asked Shelly if she'd cook some for me back at home :rolle:

[​IMG]

We then flew north to the Far East and enjoyed some very interesting food and sights around China, Hong Kong, Thailand, Japan and Korea.

I can proudly say we covered 5 km of the Great Wall, starting at sunrise and finishing at sunset, watching it go down over the stone and trees. Quite romantic; I don't think anyone saw our cheeky night under the stars on top of the tower :thumbsup:

The floating markets at Thailand were very busy and both Shelly and I were very nervous about being stepped on with all the people walking around. :icon_sad: I almost got knocked into the river at one point too. It was a bit of a low light to our trip, unfortunately. But I made up for it that evening when I found a lovely lady offering photo opportunities with turtles; she let Shelly and I have a little ride on a tiny little Tortoise, who's name was Milly. Both Shelly and Milly got on very well and we still exchange post cards! It's nice to have met a fellow slow-moving animal. Here's a picture of Me with Milly. I think I was wondering how far the ground was away at this point. I was curious as to how old Milly was and she blushed, winked at Shelly and said, "only as young as I think I am". So I guess she's looking good for her age :icon_wink I hear they live well past a hundred. We snails only live for a few years :confused: I wonder what Milly's secret is :dry:

We hopped over to India and spent the day sliding around the Taj Mahal which was utterly breathtaking. We were quite tired so we found a nice little shady spot on the north western tower. I caught a picture of Shelly sleeping, isn't she adorable? :love: She looks so peaceful and radiant. I couldn't help but dream of doing up our flower pot back home with some white paint and alabaster towers - perhaps that'll be my job for the Summer :lol:

[​IMG]

Next we caught a cargo flight to the States! We were a little naughty with this one, but we just couldn't find a suitable commercial flight with seats, so stowaway we did! :grin: Times Square was another far too busy and noisy place, but we learnt to stick to walls at this point to stay out of the way of tyres and shoes. It was very dazzling, all those screens.

The best way to see the States is said to be a road trip, so we flagged down a young group of students who were doing just that. We had a grand time, seeing many of the sights and had many late nights getting very jolly on alcohol. I have to say, Shelly dances very well once she loosens up a bit :grin: My favourite place was the Painted Valley, with all its stripes like a snail shell :love:

We also went down to South America and saw Brazil! This is one of the largest humanoids I've ever seen! The Statue of Liberty is rather more taller, but Christ the Redeemer is far more impressive I thought.

[​IMG]

We visted Peru and Machu Picchu. It was very high up here and I was quite out of breath from all the climbing we did around the ruins.

No trip around the States is complete without visiting the Caribbean sea, so we found a flight to Dominica and enjoyed a week on the volcanic sands of a beach there. I loved the sunbathing and climbing down the little ripples in the sand, as you can see; they felt like sand dunes!

We topped off our travels with Zambia to see the Victoria Falls which are double the height of Naigra Falls and even more breathtaking. The noise is deafening! I now know why they're called The Smoke that Thunders, the indigenous locals got that one right :lol: We didn't get to bungee jump as they don't have cords small enough for snails... which is just as well because I wouldn't be seen dead jumping off into space like that :grin: Shelly was a little put out though, she's quite the adrenaline junky I found. :eek:

[​IMG]

Anyway, I'm sure I've bored you all with my travel accounts, but it was a great year for me and I thought some would love to know what I got up to. I think this year I'll be staying closer to home and not travelling anyway in a hurry.

2. Rosina

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Gosh Snail you've been all over, I'm really jealous! Travelling sounds a lot cheaper is you're a small creature. Sounds like you've got yourself a keeper in Shelly, she looks very pretty.

3. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wb Snail *wink*

4. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow, Snail! You really traveled the globe!

5. Seal

Can I come along next time? :3

6. Snail

HEhehe, I sure did! You can certainly come along, Seal; perhaps we can visit the cold parts of the world, since I skipped those? :slight_smile: