1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alright Everyone, Inspire Me!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by FallenAngel, Apr 1, 2013.

1. FallenAngel

FallenAngel Guest

I have been working on an intense project that displays all the hardships of being Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, etc. (I apologize if I left anyone out). I have done a lot, but I can only do so much and what I have witnessed and experienced myself. Now I need you all to tell me what you see as being something that makes it more difficult for you. I am not trying to make it all negative by no means. I am just trying to portray the hardships we must face, through art. Maybe to inspire people and show that yes, it can be difficult, but it is worth it. Get it? :slight_smile: I can't wait to show you all the final piece!!!

2. Is it a global view, or are you only focusing on 'western' issues? Because there are some real horror stories I've read originating in Africa and Asia...

3. FallenAngel

FallenAngel Guest

I'm working on a suicide one right now :/ I don't like getting too graphic, so...yea. But I'm doing whatever anyone may feel or may have felt on their journey.

4. Aielar

The internal search for self acceptance was a big one for me, and it's still something I'm working on. For several years (and counting) I've struggled with fear, self loathing/disgust, and the five stages of grief (denial, anger, bargaining, acceptance, etc). I was afraid to disclose and discuss my sexual orientation with others because I wasn't sure how they would react and I didn't want to lose any friends or family members because of who I will, potentially, fall in love with. I loathed myself on the inside because of my faith and how some Christians interpreted some scriptures from the bible - up until recently, I felt sure that I was going to burn in Hell as a result of my sexual orientation.

When I first realized I wasn't straight, I was upset and tried to deny it zealously. That went on for...several months I suppose. Following that, I moved into the other stages of grief and bounced back and forth between them for about a year. About a year and a half ago, on National Coming Out Day I posted a letter on Facebook and came out to about...twenty five people at the time. Most responded positively, but I believe I did lose one person after posting the letter. That didn't phase me too much though, as I was then at the point of believing that if people did not react well then I didn't want them in my life.

Over the past year, I've become increasingly comfortable with my orientation - although I am not one hundred percent sure what that is. I'm at the point now where I have posters of sexy women in my bedroom and, while I don't speak openly about my sexual orientation, I don't deny it if asked directly either.

To answer your question, being LGBTQ is more challenging because of the internal acceptance and external coming out process. That whole process was worth it for me because now I'm alot happier and satisfied with who I am and it actually brought me closer to God.

If you need some more information, feel free to message me or write on my wall. Hope this helps you out. Cannot wait to see the final product :slight_smile: