1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Inspiring Quote

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Aielar, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Aielar

I was just browsing tumblr and stumbled across this interesting quote/picture...enjoy :slight_smile:

Attached Files:

2. vani

vani Guest

This and your quote, just stupendous

3. estrella

Very true and very nice. :slight_smile:

4. 4ever Hearth

Here are some other nice ones:

“The most beautiful people I've known are those who have known trials, have known struggles, have known loss, and have found their way out of the depths.” -Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

“If you feel lost, disappointed, hesitant, or weak, return to yourself, to who you are, here and now and when you get there, you will discover yourself, like a lotus flower in full bloom, even in a muddy pond, beautiful and strong.” -Masaru Emoto

“We live in a world full of people who are satisfied with pretending to be someone they are not.” -Tommy Tran

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.” -Marianne Williamson

“You can't live your life for other people. You've got to do what's right for you, even if it hurts some people you love.” -Nicholas Sparks

“Do what you feel in your heart to be right – for you’ll be criticized anyway.” -Eleanor Roosevelt

“First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win.” -Mahatma Gandhi

“I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge. That myth is more potent than history. That dreams are more powerful than facts. That hope always triumphs over experience. That laughter is the only cure for grief. And I believe that love is stronger than death.” -Robert Fulghum

“He’s not perfect. You aren’t either, and the two of you will never be perfect. But if he can make you laugh at least once, causes you to think twice, and if he admits to being human and making mistakes, hold onto him and give him the most you can. He isn’t going to quote poetry, he’s not thinking about you every moment, but he will give you a part of him that he knows you could break. Don’t hurt him, don’t change him, and don’t expect for more than he can give. Don’t analyze. Smile when he makes you happy, yell when he makes you mad, and miss him when he’s not there. Love hard when there is love to be had. Because perfect guys don’t exist, but there’s always one guy that is perfect for you.” -Bob Marley

“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then.” -Lewis Carrol

“Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art.... It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things which give value to survival.” -C.S Lewis

“Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark in the hopeless swamps of the not-quite, the not-yet, and the not-at-all. Do not let the hero in your soul perish in lonely frustration for the life you deserved and have never been able to reach. The world you desire can be won. It exists.. it is real.. it is possible.. it's yours.” -Ayn Rand

“If you can't fly then run, if you can't run then walk, if you can't walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.” -MLK Jr.

“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.” -Leonardo Da Vinci

“I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels. Life's a bitch. You've got to go out and kick ass.” -Maya Angelou

5. TrangNhi2154

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    “Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise.”
    ― Benjamin Franklin

I love Benjamin Franklin :grin:

6. mpac21

I absolutely love all those posted here thus far!!! This is one of my favorites, among many, many, many others :slight_smile:

“Watch your thoughts,for they become words;
    watch your words,for they become actions;
    watch your actions, for they become habits;
    watch your habits,for they become character;
    watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.”