1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you date...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by myheartincheck, Apr 2, 2013.

1. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Would you date someone who cheated in their previous relationship when liquored up?

If you have any dating questions you'd like to add for other posters to answer, knock yourself out. :slight_smile:

2. Wolfie Charm

That’s a tough one. I might if they were absolutely plastered, but only if getting that drunk is rare for her. I have a history with a drunk and don’t like the heavy drinkers.

3. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's not too terribly uncommon, but they don't get drunk everyday by any means.

4. Dalmatian

No. People talk about being drunk as almost being another person, as if there's nothing they can do to prevent themselves from doing morally questionable things when inebriated. I don't believe there's a shred of truth in that. People do drunk what they would do sober, just without fear. A person who would cheat drunk would do the same when sober, but they knowingly take intoxication as an excuse. It's not an excuse. It's just being dishonest.

5. gordilocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i probably would

6. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Fair enough. :slight_smile:

7. Wolfie Charm

Yeah, maybe not after all. I can think clear when drugged and all that. In fact, I still have a decent reaction time. Interesting I changed my response from what I have said in recent years… Once a cheater always a cheater. Can be viewed as harsh, but I do believe it and have written it into stories so many times…

8. redstormrising

No, I wouldn't. Getting drunk is not a free pass to misbehavior. I wouldn't want to date someone who cannot manage her alcohol intake or take responsibility for her actions instead of attributing it to intoxication.

9. Gallatin

What redstormrising said. I'll just add this that this hasn't happened to me, but it has happened to someone very dear to me (they were the one cheated on), and that certainly contributes to my stance.

10. LEZmis4

LEZmis4 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    This. Wonderfully worded.

I've dated a drunk. It was horrid. I wasn't cheated on, necessarily, but things were done that have left me with some deep scars when it comes to dating...all because the other person was drunk. I won't date someone who can't handle their liquor enough to be able to control herself.

11. Average Joe

I wouldn't. Chances are that if they did it once, they're likely to do it again.

And I also second the following:

12. I'm fourteen so this obviously wouldn't affect me in the slightest yet, although I did go out with a girl whilst she was still with her boyfriend. I didn't know she was with him but nevertheless I stayed with her for about a year.

13. prism

NOPE!

My mother broke the chain of alcoholism in her family. When I started college, she told never to trust people that blamed their actions on alcohol. "Blacking out" is not a legitimate excuse for anything, and people ultimately have control over their actions.

Her brother is a notorious drunk and cheater. I also remember him saying, "Once a cheater, always a cheater."

14. BornInTexas

This is EXACTLY why I hate drinking in any form myself. No one in my house will drink to get drunk. NO ONE!

15. Bolin

Could not have said it better.

16. worriedWardrobe

I can forgive cheating, but the drunk part, no. Alcohol is a huge turn-off for me. My parents both drink like fish, and it has ruined a large portion of my childhood.

Alcohol does not make anything better. The fact that the person cheated is horrible, but being drunk just makes it worse.

#16 worriedWardrobe, Apr 2, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2013
  17. Harve

Nothing stipulates that this hypothetical person would be irresponsible? Or using alcohol as an excuse?

I don't get why the 'drunk' part is more of an issue here. Alcohol and its use can take many, many forms and many of these posts generalise way too much and can come across as bigoted.

18. FruitFly

I care little if they were drunk or cheated previously. The past is the past, you go in with your eyes wide open and take any potential burns as another page of dating experience.

19. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    yup... i will... every one needs a secound chance... and i aint scared to admit that i cheated on prev relationships with other women

20. DoctorJones

Probably not. I look for a light drinker in a partner because myself and my family have a long history of alcohol abuse. Because of this, I choose not to drink on a regular basis or drink too much. I just really don't want to be with someone who can't help support me.