1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reaction if you got cheated on.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by anthonythegamer, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Recently, I read this article about how a woman got cheated on by her husband. While he was out with his floozie (what the woman calls her man's gf (they must be white...:rolle:slight_smile:, she sold all of his belongings, burned all of his clothes in a bonfire on the driveway, and sold her house during her event called "The Lying Cheating Yard Sale" on Craigslist.

After reading this article, I wonder... how would you react if your significant other cheated on you?

2. Dalmatian

I'm the kind of a person who's a weirdo incapable of getting angry at people he loves. So I'd just curl into a ball somewhere, hurt beyond words. Oh well..

3. PeteNJ

I've been cheated on. I couldn't do that -- because, well, we have kids together.

It hurts like nothing else you've ever felt -- trusting someone with your life, your love, your secrets. Planning for a life forever, having kids together. And then finding out you've been betrayed, lied to, the trust broken, your confidence shattered, your life never the same.

I first told a good friend who was a neighbor. I needed a hug so bad, I cried so hard.

It took a while til I felt a bit better. And then when I got some confidence back, I realized no one should ever treat another like that. Tried for reconciliation. When there was no corresponding effort, I knew I had to move on for my sake and for the sake of my kids.

I want to love, be loved. I want to trust, be trusted. I hope I can overcome my caution and fear when I find the right guy.

4. BornInTexas

I would feel like he ripped my heart out and stomped on it. :frowning2: Nothing hurts worst than to find out that you were being cheated on, and what if I found out from a third party? That would hurt even worst.

The first thing I would do is dump the mother clucker. He doesn't deserve to even try to make up, or try again, with me. If he does it once, he might do it again. Not even going to take the chance.

Secondly, there would be so... many... tears... I would drown in the bathtub with just my tears. I'd probably need a friend to come by and make sure I didn't lose all my body fluids to crying.

Last, hope that someone would come along and pick you right back up.

5. Iowan1976

I would be completely devastated. I would have too many feelings to be retaliatory towards him. I couldn't hurt him the way he hurt me..... it isn't in my nature to be deliberately cruel to another person. I would need time to get over the feelings over him, and the ability to trust someone to that level again.

6. Bolin

To find out how I would react, check out some YouTube videos of Mortal Kombat fatalities since they'd be accurate as to how I'd react.

7. MixedNutz

I would be completely devastated . It is a complete deal breaker. I can't even think of any extreme circumstances where it would work out after that.

Trust is the biggest part of holding a relationship together

8. fairlyfey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Oh jesus I don't even wanna think about it :icon_redf

Even if we didn't break up, the trust is dead.

There's always Ben & Jerry, a recliner, and a Lucile Ball marathon if I need them.

9. Aielar

I wouldn't be pleased to find out my partner was cheating on me, and the relationship would probably end right then and there as I wouldn't be able to trust them again. After that, I would probably be upset, have some Ben & Jerry's, and call a friend.

10. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    if it was a chick id find the guy she cheated with and smash the living hell out of him and i'll smash her car....

if it was a dude i'll put him in hospital....

no one plays me and gets away with it no one!!

im probably gonna get alot of haterz ...

11. fairlyfey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    No, I get it. Maybe we should all form an angry mob and go terrorize our Ex's together.
    Nothin too serious, but a good left hook. We'd need a good group name though.

12. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Nice... yeah but ive never been cheated on though... but i cant beat up some one else's ex (if its a bloke coz i aint chris brown :grin:)

13. LD579

May I ask why you wouldn't smash the chick? That's an overly blatant form of sexism, to be blunt. It's unfair to both the hypothetical male (As he's getting smashed) and female (As she's... not getting smashed, thus getting treated as a... hapless, can't-do-wrong female?). Either way, I'd truly suggest that if either case happened, violence did not become an outlet.

As for me, I'd actually try to go beyond violence and anger. Sure, it'd be painful, but... If there truly was something valuable about the relationship, surely we could both put forth an effort to salvage it?

There are many reasons why someone may cheat. Dumping someone who's cheated without even finding out why just seems overly premature to me. It takes guts to tell your boyfriend / girlfriend that you've cheated on them. People make mistakes. I'm inclined to at least try to forgive and somewhat forget.

The sad truth is that if someone cheats on you, there may be something lacking. Maybe the relationship really was never meant to be, or maybe the victim had some sort of role in eliciting a cheating response. Again, I don't condone cheating, but I think forgiveness is important. Without knowing all the details in specific circumstances, I'd say an inclination towards forgiveness and open communication is the best general response.

Perhaps I'm a rare case?

14. fairlyfey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Yeah, that's fair. What do you think? "The lil' Heart Breakers" , "the pummelin' pixies" , "the proud pack", etc. :grin: Or do you got something better?

---------- Post added 2nd Apr 2013 at 05:23 PM ----------

Dude, I think it's pretty clear we're joking. It's just expressing that sense of hurt and betrayal, in words mind you. Second, that "was never meant to be" crap is purely fictitious. Great relationships end all the time, usually for anti-climatic reasons. Most people don't go into a relationship with the intention of cheating unless they're total scumbags. Cheating usually just happens later and often for dumb reasons. Also, just because a relationship ends doesn't mean anyone involved did something wrong, sometimes that's just the way things progress. But that doesn't somehow invalidate it and mean it was a mistake in the first place. Romantic novels and movies are fun, but they're not a good reflection of the real thing.

15. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    i aint being sexist...men dont hit women... that's just how it is... chicks bodies aint as tough as blokes theyré more fragile so, they cant take blows like dudes... only cowards beat up women.

16. NickTsuki

NickTsuki Guest

I was cheated on by my first and only real boyfriend.
    He told me he had had a fling with another guy when we had a fight and I tried to understand and support him since I had few doubts about his sexuality (though he always denied no matter how much I said I would support and be by his side.) Anyway, he said it meant nothing to him.
    At the time, I didn't react badly because I didn't have the same feelings for him anymore, it's after we broke up that he confessed that to me, probably hoping I would confess the same thing (he was very jealous of me, always saying I'd cheat on him and I never/could never do that to him or anyone). So I guess I just locked it up within me for a long time.
    One day my supposed "best friend" told me he (my ex bf) had hit on another friend of ours (a girl) and well, we were still dating so I think I felt more betrayed by my 'best friend' who never told me about it than hist failed attempt of cheating on me.
    Then, thinking about it and locking it up within me, one day (a long time after we broke up) I simply exploded and couldn't stop crying because of it.
    I like to believe I can't cheat on someone I love, or have a commintment. I'm very honest and probably would talk to the person if I were to have any possible reason to like to cheat on him/her.
    OMG- I wrote too much (sorry)

17. Tiny Catastrophe

All I'd have to say is "goodbye" and "don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out". I do not tolerate that shit at all.

18. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

19. LD579

You've said that you've cheated on someone / some people before. Would you be fine with someone (a girlfriend, or another guy) beating you up? This is quite intriguing... to say the least.

20. fairlyfey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual