1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

are we going to hell

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kyle589, Apr 2, 2013.

1. kyle589

kyle589 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Do you think were going to dead?

2. AKTodd

I'm an atheist. As far as I'm concerned, there is no hell, nor no heaven. When you die you're just gone.

Others here no doubt have different views which I'm sure they'll be sharing in due time:slight_smile:

Todd

3. Wolfie Charm

Like for being gay/different? No way.

4. Sully

Well, I was out late in my local city and saw a big sign in glowing light that said 'heaven is a place where nothing ever happens'. I choose hell :wink:

Having said that I too am an atheist, border line religion hater. So I really think there's nothing after death. If you're a Christian and you're gay, then yeah, you probably are going to hell. Butlook on the bright side, at least it's warm all year round.

#4 Sully, Apr 2, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2013
  5. nikom87

I have the same personal belief on this that Todd mentioned. However, I also feel that if there were a god, I have trouble believing that they would make 10% of us LGBT just to send us to hell. That sounds fishy to me.

6. 4ever Hearth

I don't think so but if it does happen, I want it to be like the series finale of Buffy. A shitload of demons, myself and a "chosen" few. We would be kicking so much demonic ass man. :thumbsup:

7. Wolfie Charm

This. Purely this. Humans have created the hate, not god(s).

8. LailaForbidden

If I go to hell, i'll be in good company, won't I? I mean, think about all the people that fundamentalist christianity is against... would it be amazing to be able to talk to Charles Darwin or Harvey Milk? Sounds amazing to me :slight_smile:

9. Sully

Not to mention satan himself!!!

10. remainnameless

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I seriously struggled (struggle) with that question since I was little. I didn't quite understand it all, but I got the basics- you're gay? Hell for you.

Of course, I'm sure almost no one on this forum believes that, and none of us can give you a "right/correct" answer. Even if we proved RIGHT NOW that God was real, that doesn't mean you would know homosexuals would go to Hell, because everyone's interpretation of the bible and what it says about "gays" is different.

Personally, I think the bible clearly states gays go to hell, as other religions do. Yet, I know some of you guys will correct me and say I'm interpreting it wrong, but whatever. Anyways, Hell? Who knows? I would sure like to know if my whole life was lived in vain, only to be thrown away to an eternity of FIRE and GODAWFUL PAIN. I'm curious what others say though, cause I was just thinking about this again yesterday (as I do quite often).

Ugh for those who have actually dwelt on what "Hell" truly means, you understand why I shudder at the thought of it.

---------- Post added 2nd Apr 2013 at 09:07 PM ----------

I'm not saying I believe all that He'll crap though, I just know what I've had drilled into my brain since I was little.

11. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    coming from a strong christian background, i grew up thinking that homesexuals will go to hell...like everyone else who committs sin coz it says so in the bible...

but,all sins are decisisons made by people... ie: people choose to kill, steal, lie

but none of us chose to be homosexual, if we could i know for a fact that the majority of us would not choose homosexuality (why do you think the majority of us are in the closet?)

It also says in the bible that God is Perfect and he doesnt make mistakes... So, if we didnt choose to be this way nor are we a mistake then no, i believe we are not going to hell based on our sexuality.

it took me a while to realise this and i hope that kinda gives you some sort of answer to your question

12. worriedWardrobe

No one's going to hell, but we all go through it

13. PinkFluff

If you get to heaven through hate, rape, torture and discrimination, I'm siding with Satan.

14. BornInTexas

So true.

15. Uchiha

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This is very well put and I've never quite heard it explained this way but I completely agree. Just have faith that you were made the way God intended you to be. I can't imagine that a LGBT start to life amounts to another "cross" to bear, but that's what a lot of straight religious people would like you to believe (while not acting on those LGBT thoughts). (*hug*)

16. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No idea. I hope not, I'm an ex-Christian and have too dwelt on what Hell actually means many many times. Quite often I do. I still have the fear from when I believed in it, I will probably always wonder what if. Unless some super change came along and we were somehow able to definitively know it doesn't exist.
    I really don't want to burn in hellfire, being unimaginably tortured and having it never end. Ever.

17. Anonymous1224

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am a bisexual (65% girls and 35% boys) and I'm a Christian and I think it's safe to say we are not going to hell. I know a lot of Christians and people believe that we are going to hell but I don't think that's the case. A lot of things have changed ever since the Bible was written, and I believe somewhere in the Bible it says that worrying is a sin. Now if you tell me you have never worried before I will bow down to you. Hats off to you. Everybody worries. We are even born with sin but God still loves us all the same. Now I believe it also said that people who didn't believe in him were going to hell also. I don't believe that. I believe that as long as you lived your life well, did what you were suppose to do, and followed your heart, mind, and soul, and were true to yourself you will be welcomed wherever you would want to be. God gave us a free mind to do as we please and I know he wants us to be true to ourselves. If we were born the way God wanted us to be why did he make us gay or bisexual or transgender if we were just gonna end up in hell? He wouldn't do that. He loves us no matter what. I know not all of us are Christians here but I believe you all are nice and lovable people and certainly NOT going to hell. Even though none of us know each other we are family. Brothers and sisters. Being GLBT is a part of life. It's experiencing and finding out who the real you is. society may not accept us but we shouldn't care. We all love and accept each other and that's what matters.

18. MtnFr3sh

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I don't believe we're going to hell, if god is real I don't believe he'd condemn us for something we can't control. If he does I don't care, I'll just become a gay ghost and scare people with my ultra fabulousness instead of going to hell.

19. Naren

Yes, yes I do think we are going to dead.

20. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh yeah, and I believe Christians can interpret the Bible as NOT being anti-gay. Like Mathew Vines' speech. So uh, you know, send me a postcard.