1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why Homophobia Must Stop

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Aielar, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Aielar

Rolling Stone Mobile - Politics - Politics: One Town's War on Gay Teens

This article made me bawl because there's been nine children in this school district who've taken their lives because of homophobia/anti gay bullying. The school in question refuses to take responsibility for their role in the death of these children, and that's not acceptable. What's even worse is that the religious organizations that initiated the school policy they calll No Homo Promo' claim that it is the pro gay organizations (gsa, pflag, etc) that are responsible for these children taking their lives. This needs to stop before more children take their lives. I find it appalling that bullying and homophobia are tolerated and silently encouraged in other parts of the world :frowning2:

2. nikom87

Its really tragic. I feel like the number of kids taking their lives due to bullying has gone up. It makes me so mad that adults are letting kids and teens down by not supporting them or listening to them. I wish there was more I could do. I agree, its got to stop, now.