1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In love with a straight friend. How can I get more attention from him?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by santiago321, Apr 3, 2013.

1. santiago321

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    First of all, I'm not a native English speaker.. I'd like to share my story with all of you and ask for advice on how to get attention from the guy I fell in love with.

I'm from South America but I'm currently studying in England, I came here as an international student for one semester. The university I go to welcomes over a hundred international students each semester. Right now we're on easter vacation but after it finishes we'll be back at uni for another 2 weeks of exams and then I will go home. I met the boy of my life in January, he's from the states. I'm not sure but I think he treats me different than the other guys he knows. Maybe it's because he knows my first language isn't english (we are only a few and there is only another guy whose first language isn't english) and because I look really young and small, people often say I'm 4-3 years younger when I ask them what they think my age is. When I first saw him I thought he was really hot, but I never thought I was going to fall in love with him so quickly.

The night when we had our first welcome dinner at uni we were at the bar and he introduced to me all the international students he had met at dinner, because I was pretty much alone with a beer, along side other people. I didn't see him until 2 weeks later, he lives around 10 minutes by bus from my accomodation in a block out of many other blocks next to his and where only students live. I didn't plan to get drunk that night but all the sudden I remember myself being blaked out, but I heard his voice, and he was behind of me saying my name, I knew he was holding my body but I was still standing after having thrown up at least for 20 minutes, so my barely concious mind told me to "faint" so that he had to hold my body even more.

The next day I woke up on the first floor of his block in the hall I had my jacket on me, which I had taken out before getting drunk and my head was on a pillow, I immediately left his block and went back to my accomodation. Apparently he told everyone because some of my friends that go to my dinning hall told me that he had been holding my body while throwing up outside.

I saw him again at a friends birthday a week later. I was talking to some friends and he sat next to us and asked: are you okey?, I pretended I didn0t hear him but then I said I'm okey, thanks. He told me that he held my body that night and that I slept next to his room and he gave me his pillow to sleep. I had told my friends that I "didn't want" to see him because I knew he had helped me while thrwoing up. he kept talking to my friends about that night and him helping me while drunk, I pretended I was upset and ashamed, so I went to the bathroom. I think my friends reminded him that I thought he was really mad at me, so when I came back from the bathroom he started telling me several times that he wasn't angry at me. Then we went to a pub, he and I had had a few beers but we werent drunk. He started to tell other people about me that night, I interrupted after a while after I heard the words "throwing up" and asked him in front of all those people : are you alking about me? cause I can hear. he said he was talking about the girl that was sitting next to him but I knew it was me. after that, he told me with many other people talking and sitting on the table that he loved me like 4 times, one time in my first language, it was so cute, he even made a hurt with his hands. I didn't pay attention or said anything to him.

The next thing I did to get his attention was on a trip, I pretended the first night of that trip that it was my exgf's 2 year anniversary and that had broken up with me before comming to England. The next morning at a restaurant I said I was going to the bathroom, I pretended I had been sick from a headache the day before so I layed in that bathroom with my eyes closed until it had past some time, I knew he would come to the bathroom and see how I was, and I did so. I tried not to open my eyes but when he entered the bathroom I was so nervous that my pupils started to move fastly and I opened my eyes as if I had "passed out" but he thought I was sleeping and he seemed pissed, shouting at me: wake up! I'm not ehre to babysit children! and he was holding me, he grabbed my body and put me standing, he held my body for a while and then threw me to the toilet and somehow I fall in if yu're pooping but I had my clothes on of course. In the end he was so worried that he said: it's fun the first time but the second time... ( I dont remmeber waht he said, it whould have benn: annoyng or I hate it or somehting like that)" , the last thing he said was: "I'm gonna have to hold your lean body", he was soo pissed. so he carried my body! and I was concious! to the entrance of the bathroom but a friend of us was there and told him to go eat and she would carry me, ! so I "woke up" and she took me to a chair. I felt such an awsome feeling when he carried my body for those 8 seconds. when we got back from our trip, eventhough he wasn't with me and other friends that also went on the trip, I "fainted", they called an ambulance and I was taken to hospital.

I knew they were going to tell him, and he would think of me again, that's what I did that. night before going on vacation I pretended I lsot my phone in a block near his, he was there too, it was too late, I was so lucky he was about to leave that block, he opened the door, I told him I was comming to look for my "lost"phone, he offered to help me find it, but I told him he could go to his room but he stayed there for around 5 minutes while I was "trying to find" my phone. He has always been so nice to me, and he talks to me a lot. I think that's one of the reasons I'm so freaking in love with him besides he's so manly and handsome and cute.The lastThe thing is that after these vaction I will only be in that twon for two weeks, and it's hurtbreaking that I wont see him ever again. it's even hurtbreaking that I'm on vacation and I can't see him, by the way since we're on vacation we aren't in the same town. nor most of all international students. I think I wrote too much and I don't know if anyone will read all of it, but how can I get more attention from him???

#1 santiago321, Apr 3, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
  2. worriedWardrobe

In love with a straight friend. How can I get more attention from him?

Stop right there. If he's straight then this won't go anywhere, and from what you described, this is an unhealthy enough relationship as it is.

I think you should move on.

3. Jared

Hate to burst your bubble, but I agree with this 100%. Crushes on straight friends are hard, but you have to accept he won't ever feel the same. You need to move on, nothing but heartache will come from this.

4. LD579

Originally I was going to use quotes, but... It was tiresome and too big of an ordeal.

It sounds like you're manipulating him, whether you realize it or not. Most people likely wouldn't agree that healthy relationships (romantic or otherwise) likely don't have a fair bit of manipulation...

For example, you've, it sounds, pretended to pass out (the second time you 'passed out') just to get his attention. He didn't seem pleased that he had to take care of you again. If you want his attention, you're best off spending positive time with him, not faux-drama acting charades.

Secondly... You pretended to lose your phone so that you'd have an excuse to just... be around him? That's flattering and all, but lies and deceit can only go so far.

I could go on with apparent examples from what you've written, but I won't.

You need to stop obsessing over this guy. If you want closure, or a chance of a healthy relationship (friendship, even), you'll have to start being more honest and less manipulative with this guy (or even any person). I really hope you read this and strongly consider what was not decidedly right about your previous actions.

5. Aielar

I was thinking the exact same thing.

6. DannyBoi66

Universe, Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, England
    I agree with everything everybody's said so far. I know how it feels, but trust me, you'll feel much better if you move on.

:Goodluck:

7. santiago321

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    thanks for your response. I agree with that too since I'm aware that he will never fall with me or feel anything for me, I wast to be a little happy and spend quality time with him