1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

North Korea

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Alexander69, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Alexander69

How is everyone feeling about this? I live in Canada but if America goes to war Canada will join in. I have to admit I am a Little scared and am having troubles sleeping.

2. starfish

I'm not worried in the least bit, it is just saber rattling.

3. PinkFluff

NK do not have the missle capabilites to bomb mainland America. They could attempt a ground invasion of South Korea.

4. cityofangels

cityofangels Guest

I wouldn't want to go to war with North Korea. I don't think it's going to happen though. I think North Korea is all talk.

5. Wolfie Charm

Wow, I clearly have not been paying attention to world news…

6. theMaverick

I wouldn't worry too terribly much. I honestly feel that right now, the American public has a bad taste in its mouth for war, and wouldn't really be happy with another long drawn out war. We've been at war for 12 years practically, and it sucks.

The danger from North Korea is more if they attack South Korea, then we will defend our allies. That being said, the military has already moved planes, warships, and aircraft carriers to that corner of the world, and if North Korea attacked South Korea, I think it'd be short lived, because they don't have the means to carry out an extended engagement. They are an impoverished nation, and eventually they will shut their mouth, or be wiped off the map.

They haven't got the means to reach our shores with any missiles, I don't believe, and while you, in Vancouver, are closer than I am in Texas, any missiles they launched at us would be shot down as soon as they left the coast of North Korea by said warships and aircraft carriers.

So sleep well, it's highly unlikely to happen.

7. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think that North Korea is just bark and no bite.

If Kim Jong Un (Sp?) did use nuclear bombs, it would be political suicide for him.

8. hkboy93

I lived in Beijing for three years and when Kim Jong Il died, nobody even blinked and the government there did nothing out of the ordinary. IMO, Kim Jong Un is all talk no action

9. Byron

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The possibility of North Korea acting upon their threats is very low, the possibility of them posing a threat to the United States is close to zero.

10. NicoleV96

NicoleV96 Guest

I wouldn't be worried at all. If they were really going to do it, they wouldn't constantly threaten the US, or even mention it. If they were going to do it, wouldn't it be wise of them to plan a surprise attack without the US knowing that it was going to happen. If they were capable of doing it, they would have done it by now. It seems like all talk and no action. It wouldn't be a good decision on their part either because they're a poor country and the second they attack the US, South Korea will help. Even if South Korea doesn't directly fight them off, they would most likely allow the US soldiers to attack North Korea directly from South Korea. Either way, North Korea will basically put themselves in a horrible position because they're already a poor country, if they start a war, they'll just be putting themselves in debt. They can never win, not now at least, they're not in good standing. Kim Jong Un is just trying to fulfill his duties as a leader to seem mighty and powerful when I'm sure he even knows that he will risk the future of his country if he even makes a single attack against the US.

11. Night Rain

12. Kirito

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'd be more scared of Chinese support rather than North Korea themself. Just going by memory, I think that th United Nations nearly secured a win in the Korean War before the Chinese got involved, without declaring war I might add. General McArthur wanted to nuc the Chinese cause of that event. China is pretty anti-American as well, but at the same time is economically tied to the hip with the United States of America until its consumer spending portion of its gross domestic product increases significantly. Don't get me wrong, I'm not anti-Chinese. I'm Chinese myself, well Hong Kongnese, but I just want to live my life in peace without wars.

13. Ticklish Fish

General McArthur, if i remember clearly, is a little bit on the weird/crazy side of American... lol

14. Kirito

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    lol I kinda liked him. I thought a lot of good generals with a little eccentric. Paton was pretty weird.

15. Alexander69

Ok so as far as I've been told (by my father) is that North Korea would most likely attack South Korea not US they would in worst case send missiles from mountains or something then attack by water and then us will send ships and air crafts to bomb the missile launchers and main places of the North Koreans and then take over their missle things and control then North Korean air space. But it's most likely my father said going to be minor bombing or just minor things to prove they have a new strong leader

16. Beware Of You

I understand your worry if the DPRK declares war on the US then the rest of NATO is obliged to join in so the UK would be involved aswell as Canada.

It's just sabrerattling Kim Jon Un is trying to make himself look like a powerful leader, and considering the whole DPRK is a cult surrounding the Kim's then that's how they do it.

China is seeing them as a liability now, I wouldn't be surprised if the ragime implodes one day.

They have have detonated a nuclear device but they don't have the technology to develop a warhead and an entry vehicle to mount it on an ICBM. I have a friend in Soeul and he isn't scared neither are the locals that worried

17. ilayis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm sick of being in wars.

18. Harve

Still of the opinion that the US is the biggest threat to world peace.

19. timo

^ Yes.

I believe NK wants to do some tough talk but doesn't actually want to start a war. They might have a very big army and might do some damage but there's no way they can win against the modern South Korea army. Going to war would be suicide.

20. prism

[​IMG]
    "BREAKING: North Korea's Navy on its way to wage war on US."