1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are gay clubs a good place to meet people?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LiquidSwords, Apr 4, 2013.

1. LiquidSwords

One of my friends who I've come out to was asking me whether I'm seeing anyone and I was like, lol no I don't even know any gay guys. He offered to come with me to a gay club sometime in Bristol, but I'm not at all sure I want to :confused:

Firstly I love this guy for even offering to come with me, I do really appreciate that he's looking out for me, just the idea really scares me. I'm only out to a few people and I've never done anything with a guy. From my impression of gay clubs it doesn't seem like a place I'd be comfortable in, and I don't know if the type of guy I'm looking for would be in a place like that :confused:

So what are gay clubs actually like? Are they seedy places full of guys just looking to get laid or are you likely to meet someone you actually really like there? Obviously I'm not keen on my first 'gay experience' :slight_smile:lol:slight_smile: being a one night stand with some guy I met in a club :confused:

Advice please folks!

2. Beware Of You

Defiantly go with your friend.

I have had bad experiences in them, last time I was in one I got harassed by this guy who thought I was "gorgeous", grabbed my ass and thought I was a spoilsport for having a boyfriend.

Depends on the club, the ones I have been to seem to be meeting places for gay guys wanting hookups and irritating teenage girls.

3. JT1985

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Honestly the clubs are the last place I would want to meet a guy. They're just a place for hookups and flaky, shallow guys (sorry for any reading this). But I like wholesome, more straight acting guys so I may not be the best to answer.

My dating advice is: If you want to meet a smart guy, go to the library or a coffee shop, if you want to meet a nice and generous guy, volunteer at a gay non-profit, if you want to meet a torso that will be gone in the morning with $50 out of your wallet, go to the clubs.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

4. TeddyJavier

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    No. Clubs are where you find someone to fuck. Not your future husband.

5. LiquidSwords

Defiantly go with him?

Ah, well these are the sort of answers I was expecting, hoping that it wasn't the case though :confused: Doesn't sound like something I want to do.

Thanks JT, not sure how likely it is for me to find a guy by visiting coffee shops though :confused:

How is it that not a single person I know is gay, this really isn't cool, how the fook am I supposed to meet someone I actually like? :icon_sad:

6. DanD

snap. I know hundreds of guys, but they're always talking about girls, football etc. One guy does act kinda gay, but he's not really my type. I wish we could all have something only other gay guys could see - so they know, and understand, us.

7. doglover44

doglover44 Guest

I been thinking of goin to a club

8. quicksplash

Out Status:
    Some people
    I think that you can go to a gay school club to meet people and then go with some of them to a gay dance club.
    I would highly recommend that you go with your friend, or well, don't go alone, because there could be uncool people there.
    Personally, I'm indifferent to the clubbing scene, but its fun to go with friends, enjoy the music and dance. of course, theres also looking at other people and seeing what theyre up to... some people do interesting things lol.

9. Phil

Phil Guest

Well, seems to me that you want something more serious, so i think a gay club isn't the right place to meet someone.