1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's so Special About Powerball?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by anthonythegamer, Apr 4, 2013.

1. I live in California and for several weeks, I've been seeing ads showing that the Powerball Lottery will start to be sold at April 8th (especially the snowfall ad, such soothing music...). Anyways, I don't get what the big deal is with Powerball. Doesn't it work the same way as Mega Millions and Super Lotto?

2. starfish

Really nothing. It is just a multi state lottery. Since it is in multiple states it has more participants and as such bigger jackpots.

3. TestingitOut

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I prefer scratch offs myself. I won 50 dollars my first time. Biggest win gambling ive ever had!

4. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    And probably a bigger chance of losing....

---------- Post added 4th Apr 2013 at 06:45 PM ----------

My favorite lottery luck summary of all time: the chances of having all the air in your living room sucked out in the next five minutes is greater than winning big in the lottery.

Still, it's fun to dream...

5. Emberstone

I have bought maybe 2 lottery tickets in my life. I have felt an urge lately to in the coming months buy one, but that urge has yet to get strong enough to actually do it. if I win, you wont hear it from me, cause I will be buying myself a lock of neil patrick harris's hair, and paying some mad sceintist to clone and speed up the aging process so that he can be mah boyfriend.

6. Eric

I don't view any random lotteries favourably in any way. They're quite simply a tax on the poor. People would be much better off putting however much money they spend a week on lottery tickets aside in a savings account.

And the big deal is Californians can now have a 1 in 175+ million chance of winning (or having a share of) a large sum of money.

7. leer

I know someone who won a couple of grand on the Irish lotto apparently the Irish one has a grater chance of wining . I only do euro lotto on Friday `s two weeks ago this stood at
    110 million far to much money IMO