1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Non-Binary Gendered People

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BoiGeorge, Apr 5, 2013.

1. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

How many of us are there? Who else identities as genderqueer, transgender, androgynous, bigender, queer, etc? What does your gender mean to you? What are your feelings regarding it?

I identify as genderqueer/androgynous. I feel both male and female, and depending on the day, I often switch to being either more masculine or more feminine. I am not bigender because I don't have two distinct gender personalities. I also identify with the term transgender. I enjoy being mistaken for a boy and I am fascinated with the idea of breast binding and I also love the male physique, however I have never wanted a penis. Ever! I wear make up everyday and I love fashion but I enjoy wearing boys clothes more than girls clothes. I am attracted to girls, transboys and boys, as well as others who dont identify as their birth gender, such as other genderqueers and androgynes. I love being me! To be so fluid regarding my gender and sexuality is absolutely amazing! I love it! :slight_smile:

2. gordilocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i'm p confused abt my gender b/c i'm okay w/ identifying as a man but i don't feel like one so idk

3. Tetraquark

Tetraquark Guest

I'm still questioning, but I think I might be genderqueer. I usually just go with demigirl. Sometimes I think of myself as female, sometimes I don't. I generally prefer to present in a queer but female way, for lack of a better way of putting it. I do not like being treated as female by other people, but I also don't experience dysphoria.

4. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I consider myself a genderqueer transguy. I feel male, I know I'm male, but sometimes I feel as if I don't fit into any gender binary. It's a little confusing. All I know is that I don't want to be seen as a chick, though, and the pronouns I go by are he/him or they/them.

5. Night Rain

Sometimes I feel like I'm agendered, or kidgendered really. :lol:

6. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel I'm somewhere between androgyne, and agender, sometimes even non-biological. Definitely fluid. Sometimes it even seems like my gender is influenced by those that I'm attracted to (thus the genderferrofluid on the left side there). There are times that I get dysphoria about my top or bottom parts, top moreso than the bottom, though. I'm not out about my gender, though, so I present as a male (like I'm expected to). I am working on growing my hair out, and would like to present a little more feminine/androgynous.

7. Eatthechildren

I honestly have difficulty telling where my sexual orientation ends and my gender identity begins. Some days I see it with such clarity. On those days, I know I'm male/female/pangender/boi/ect. But, a lot of the time, I am in such disarray that I am unable to label myself. It's painful.

So right now I'm going with Agender. Maybe it'll be my permanent identity. But I doubt it. It fits some days, but for many it feels like other labels. Detached, not a part of me.
    Defining myself as "Agender" is my way of temporarily opting out of gender (As is my preference of they pronouns, which feels wrong, just less wrong). Because right now, I don't know which way is up.

8. June Cleaver

I identify as a Trans M to F who is a straight female. Not one day of my life have I ever had a male feeling or thought. I have never been attracted to a woman or had a sexual feeling about one, men only from the beginning. I quite often forget I am male throughout the day, but it all comes back when I undress in front of the mirror or Mike. My body, thank God!, has some female traits like my creamy white extremely soft skin, and soft hair. Otherwise I hate my body and wish it was female so he would think I am pretty to look at. At least he has the skin and hair when we are in bed at night. I know it is in my head because he never has complained. I love being treated like, and referred to as female. I can't stand the reverse.

My gender is female and it means subsurvant housewife to me; I am a 1950's type housewife and take my job seriously. I am sad I can't have children, so I live to make him happy. I wish my statonwagon had a kid in every belt! I hated being single, I am not a independant liberated type woman. I need a man to be the head and I don't mind being a step behind him to prop him up and have his back. That is a wife's job in my opinion. I am the kind of girl who backs him weather he is right, wrong, or indiffrent and NEVER corrects or tells him what to do. I do make a suggestion if I see a desaster comming, but let him make the final call. Personality wise I am a girlie girl 100% and would be dressed in heals and gloves had the body been right. I also love women's jewelry and perfume too. Maybe in the next life God will see fit to give me the right body. June

9. Naren

*Raises hand*

10. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

:smilewave

For me, "agender" means that I'm inert when it comes to gender. If someone identifies me as male, that's cool. If someone identifies me as female, that's cool, too. And if someone identifies me as non-binary, that's extra cool because they know what non-binary means. :slight_smile: I've been referred to by male pronouns, female pronouns, and gender-neutral pronouns before, and none of them felt anymore "right" than the others. In fact, I didn't really have any feelings about any of them.

That pretty much describes my feelings towards all gendered things. I do what I like, what feels good, and what I think represents how I see myself. By-and-large, that results in me having a mix of masculine and feminine traits, although none of them feel more or less right because they're masculine or feminine.

And it feels pretty great identifying as agender, because it fits. It's like wearing size 10 shoes your whole life when you've always been a size 10.5, and you think the problem is your feet because you don't know about half-sizes, then suddenly you put on that size 10.5 shoe and it fits you so much better. :slight_smile:

11. curlycats

....i summon the power of Copy & Paste! because at this point i don't have any better words to describe it....

for now i'll stick with "gender neutral", if anything, i guess.

12. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, it looks like I should be posting in this thread, too.

From an early age, I'd kinda wondered if I was a girl, and in some ways it made sense considering there were some girl shows I watched (like Powerpuff girls) and there were some girly toys I liked, but I did like some boy things and did some things that other boys did... not everything, though. I mean, I liked Star Wars and played Pokemon like the sun wouldn't come up the next day, but I was never amazing at skateboarding. Even if I had a good spleen, I probably would still stuck at skateboarding. The best I could do was maybe catch and hit in baseball.

There was also a time when my sister and I would be in the basement every day and watch My Neighbor Totoro. Although I originally thought Satsuki was a guy, I still wasn't entirely offended by the thought of actually cosplaying or acting as her. In fact, there were some times when I dreamed about such a thing.

I also never really got the whole "cooties" thing. Never really made sense to me, and frankly, I thought it was pretty immature.

I'd kinda hid these little thoughts in the back of my mind for awhile until a few years ago when I learned what yaoi was, and what the typical roles and traits were. Not only did I look like and seem to relate to the uke more than the seme most of the time, but I'd also take character quizzes of these anime and I'd get the uke without even trying too hard. That's when the gender dysphoria really hit.

I took all of the things I liked, disliked, did, etc. and tried to mix and sort out if I seemed more like a guy or a girl. On paper and mentally, it's pretty even. I like anime, which is usually a girl thing, but I like anime that guys usually watch like DBZ (because of TFS), Pokemon, Naruto (For the action, not for the boobs) and Jo Jo's Bizarre. I ALSO like some anime more geared towards girls such as Hetalia, Gravitation and Ouran Host Club. There are also some anime I watch that don't really target to any specific gender such as Big Windup.

I also go to an art school so I can hopefully get a job in post-production. Yeah, just try and assign a gender to that. I dare you.

I'm also a homestuck.

This is just barely the surface of the 2 years of sorting out where I was, gender-wise. It was pretty clear after awhile that there's this great big pot of greyish gender mish-mash stew that I could call "me"

So sometimes I'll act masculine, sometimes I'll act feminine. I may or may not be aware of it, too. Yeah, that's what it's like being androgyne.

Oh, and I never actually ask people to use gender-neutral pronouns. I don't want them going through the huge amount of confusion I did. Putting z's in pronouns just makes it more confusing for me.

13. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Looks like it's my turn to post here now...lol.

Well, I identify as pangender. I'm more on the male side of things though (My sex is female).

I remember growing up, I would stand on the steps of the church near my house and I would think I was a boy. I was quickly reminded that I was not whenever I was referred to as "she" or "her". It was weird for me... I honestly had no idea that there was anybody else out there that felt the same way. I also played with all of the guys. I would be the one girl that was kicking all the guy's asses while I was playing kickball...lol. My elementary school actually called my parents in and told them that I was not behaving in a normal manner. Well, my parents told the school to get over it.

I hated to dress feminine. As soon as I could pick out my own clothes, I was picking out more masculine things. I would wear dresses when my parents wanted me to though. Mostly because they forced me...lol. Everybody always told me that I look good in dresses. I never thought that I did. To me, I just looked awkward.

The last time that I wore a dress was when I was in 8th grade. I think that I was 13 then... I'm quite proud of my dressless record...lol.

I started to sort out my gender identity right after I came out as being gay. Once I accepted myself as being gay, I could look more in-depth at my gender. Well, I quickly realized that I was not 100% female. So, I first went with bigender. I thought that I flipped back and forth between male and female. Well, then I realized that I had some days where I felt outside the binary. So, I did some more research and I came across the term pangender. I thought that it fit.

I'm out to my college and some people at home as being pangender. This is the third time that I've had to come out, so I'm taking it a bit slow..lol. I also am planning on making the switch to masculine pronouns soon. Feminine pronouns don't offend me, I just like male pronouns better (if that makes any sense at all...) So, I guess that makes it 4 times of coming out now.....