1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I get over a guy?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SameAsYou, Apr 5, 2013.

1. SameAsYou

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So. :dry:
    I get home , I'm frustrated , I had a awesome day at school , but I have yet to even get my Crushes number . Every time I try to talk to him , I run out of things to say . Every time I try to say something flurtious , He ends up ether changing the subject , Just saying "Thanks" , or Completely ignoring me. I really really like him , I do.. but.. I'm getting frustrated with this day to day routine . I sorta gave up hope on dating him , and I just keep telling myself ,"Why don't you just stop liking him?" . Then I convince myself that I don't like him , till I see him later , then I'm just in a love daze .
    I can't get over him . I really really need advice to this , because their is one other guy , I don't like him as much as The guy I was talking about earlier , but I still have a crush on him , and , It looks like he might even like me back , because after I told him , he has been getting really closer to me , giving me glances , and talks to me A LOT more than we did when I came out to him.. I really wana see if I can start something with his guy , 'cause It's already April , and i'm not sure how much , if at all , I might see him in the summer...
    But the other guy , the one I want to get over . I . Just . Can't . Is their any tips on how to ? Any way at all?
    This whole thing is Frustrating.. :bang:

2. Martjain

I totally get how you feel, i have this crush (straight sadly :icon_sad:slight_smile: who is a friend of a friend (we have talked and hang out sometimes, but we are not real friends) and after a lot of time I told him I was bi, and then a while after that I got to tell him that I had a crush on him, he said he kinda suspected it, but anyways I told him if he ever wanted to try :***: to give me a call.
    My advice? If your first crush is straight as mine, tell him about it (I know it's hard, but it may pay off) if he is gay or bi, ask him out. But if he turns you down I'd go for the second crush (only if you really like him and it's not like "meh")
    Good luck with whatever you choose! (*hug*)

3. ok455

Well it sounds like hes not interested i would suggest you just leave him alone all your doing is wasting your time. Hes most likely straight you didn't mention it you need to realize hes straight and hes not going to change and date you. I remember falling for straight guys and getting hurt on such regular bases i had to wake up and realize that these guys are not gay and they are not going to date me and thankfully the straight crushes stopped.

I would Avoid contact with him don't sit next to him try to keep your distance from him all your doing is feeding your attraction to him and if you get his number and hang out with him all your going to do is feed your attraction to him. If you don't stop now your going to end up having a very long emotional crush on him and its not pretty.

#3 ok455, Apr 5, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
  4. castle walls

I think that three things could really help you get over someone.

1. Time
    2. Distance
    3. Distraction

As for 1, you can't get over someone overnight. These things take time. Being patient with yourself may be a good idea.

As for 2, it'll be easier to get over someone if you're not talking to them all the time.

As for the distraction, this would be a good time to work on your hobbies or focusing on your education. Basically, something positive and constructive would be good.

These tips may not work for everyone but they work pretty well for me.

Good luck!

5. GayJay

This!
    As much as you won't get over him straight away, its gonna make it a lot easier if you stop trying to fine ways to to talk to him.
    I had the same thing when I was in year 9 at school, so i was 13-14 with a girl. I stopped bothwring to talk to her and moved on, I even got into another relationship but I kinda knew I still liked her. Well I only ended up dating her when I was 16, she was just too scared to admit she was bi then(I identified as female though school). So yeah I'm saying just move on and distract yourself to other things and you never know what might happen :slight_smile:
    Plus your only 14, its likely this is gonna happen a lot more, I'm not all that much older and its happened a good few times
    Anyway, good luck!

6. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

He sounds like he isnt interested and he sounds straight. Time will heal all wounds