1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my gay friend said we talk too much

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MatthewJS, Apr 5, 2013.

1. MatthewJS

over an hour ago, me and my gay closeted friend, N, said we talk too much and said we can talk AFTER the bandathon TOMORROW NIGHT. me and him always talk about the boys we like. we do have alot in common, but we do NOT have feelings for each other. we've been talking for over two months. what is happening? srry if this is in the wrong forum. please put it into the correct one.

2. LD579

Well... It just sounds like what he said. Maybe you guys do talk too much, and he just wants a little break from that.

I'd suggest that you respect his wishes, and give him a little space. I don't think there's any real problem to be inferred.

3. MatthewJS

most of the time, HE starts the conversation. I do respect his wishes and I will give him space. he also said he is also going through a rough time, I already knew that since he came out to me. but he never said anything about space for the past two-three months we been talking. he said this might be God's way on trying to Getting us "together" we both don't want that because we both like someone else. he told me somethings he NEVER told ANYONE. this is very weird for the both of us.

4. LD579

I'd say the best thing you can do for him and your friendship is to be there for him as a friend. If you're both not interested in each other and all, there's no point in teasing boundaries with overt physical contact and all, unless you both are naturally like that around each other anyways.

For example, about what he's going through... Let him know, if you haven't already, that you're willing to listen to him and be there for him if he ever needs support (you are willing to do that, aren't you?). I don't know if he's told you anything or not, but... Letting him know that you'll be there for him, without judgment, can mean a lot, and it may make him open up to you more about his problems and all.

Have you ever considered opening up the conversations instead, every once in a while? That may be a nice, welcome change for you both, as well.

5. MatthewJS

I am mostly there for him. sometimes i'm not because I don't know what he's going through even though he told me.

at times, I do start talking to him. when we have another thing in common, we complain because we both don't want it. I did told him once I did like him but not his addition with minecraft. he is also my only gay friend in life.

6. MatthewJS

Addition --> Addiction

7. nikom87

I am confused about the idea of talking to each other "too much". If you enjoy someone's company because they are a friend, it seems like you would be talking just the right amount.

Maybe he is just prevent himself from feeling romantic attraction to you because he is afraid it would hurt your friendship, which he must value.

I agree that opening up the conversation in order to get to the root of his line of thinking would be a good idea. Being supportive of him is great.

You say he is your only gay friend; I think that's a very important friendship to hold on to. :slight_smile:

8. MatthewJS

as I said, he likes someone else, and I like someone else. idk why he said that. well tbh I am starting to get feelings for him because we have so much in common and we both trust each other. I don't want this because I like someone already :/

9. nikom87

It think its okay to like two people. It sounds like you have a close relationship with him, and like you said, you trust each other, which is great.

The other person you like, are you friends with him too? Or is he a crush from afar?

10. MatthewJS

the other boy I like is a crush. but I don't know exactly why he said we talk too much.

---------- Post added 5th Apr 2013 at 09:07 PM ----------

I mean N

11. Two people can talk too much. This is especially so if you talk online and not in person. I find that it's difficult to balance an online friendship because, while you might want to talk to them more, you can end up running out of things to say, and it gets a little boring.

12. MatthewJS

we talk online and sometimes in person.