1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Would You Have Done?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Dublin Boy, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I went out to a Gay Pub last night & a Girl came up to me that knew my Brother (who by the way does not know that I am Gay) she knew me but I did not know her, I told her that I was Gay, but my brother does not know, she asked me what sort of Guys do I like & then pointed to a Guy close by & said "what do you think of him?" I said "that he was quite cute" well to cut a long story short, later on that evening, the Guy comes up to me & asks me to buy him a drink, at this point the bar has stopped serving drink, it turns out the Guy is Straight & the Girl had told him that I was Gay & that I fancied him, if the bar had been open, should I have bought him a drink? what would you have done?

PS: should I be worried that this Girl will tell my Brother I am Gay or someone else that may know my Brother?

2. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Personally, I felt like I was being used, or am I just being too over sensitive?

3. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Would really value an opinion :smilewave

4. leer

Think he was getting a free drink of you or at least trying to :slight_smile: as for the girl do you consider her as trustworthy keeping it to herself am sure its nothing to worry about . Last year I got chatting to a teacher who taught me at School when I was 14+ was in a gay night at a pub in Manchester

5. JPC

JPC Guest

I don't think I would have. Depends on how he was acting, but it seems to me like he was just trying to get a free drink.

6. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks Guys, I thought there was just me on here for a bit Lol
    It's a strange thing for a Straight Guy to do though, I have seen girls getting free drinks of Guys, but not this scenario :slight_smile:
    I wouldn't know the girl if I saw her again, I hope she doesn't out me to my Brother, but I guess if she does, then she does, it would be forcing my hand, but at least I am ready :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

7. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

Sounds like he was trying to take advantage. I hate it when people try to get a free drink of people just so they can like them and eventually get with them. Just shows how selfish and full of them selves they are. If your brother asks could you just say you were really drunk, if your not yet ready to come out to him?

#7 JackAttack, Apr 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2013
  8. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

Sounds like a user trying to grab a few free drinks. I wouldve told him to piss off!

9. barca

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Not that I know anything about bar etiquette, but I don't really like what he was doing there. Seemed a little manipulative.

Though, to me, it seems rude to ask any stranger to buy you something, but that's probably because as I said, I know nothing about bar etiquette :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

10. Femmeme

Yuck, what a jerk! You have every right to be offended. He was definitely trying to use you. I'm of the opinion that asking someone (other than a close friend) to buy you a drink is just tacky! That's a hard spot to be in though, it almost sounds like blackmail. I probably would have gone ahead and bought him a cheap, cheap, cheap drink and then walked away and ignored him and the girl the rest of the night.

11. FranklinK

If someone asks you to buy them a drink tell them no, they are using you. If someone asks you what you are drinking and offers to buy you a drink they are interested in you (also, for safety reasons go with them to the bar and make sure the drink goes from the bartenders hands into yours).

12. Oregontinker

I buy people drinks in bars all the time except if someone asks me too. I am glad the bar was closed and you could not buy him a drink. Now as far as your brother is concerned, go talk to him, don't let someone else tell him about you.

13. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks Guys, he was definitely being manipulative I think, the Girl is a bit of a worry, but my Brother would be a lot harder to come out to than my Mom, she is 1st on my list, once I get the courage up, I nearly came out to her today, sadly I missed the opportunity :eusa_doh: