1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange Circumstances

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Valkyrimon, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Valkyrimon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Right, so following last night's dinner, my dad has proved to be really quite strange. I mean, he's perfectly fine with me being trans, but he's STILL kinda homophobic. Like, anyone homophobe I've met I kinda expect to be a transphobe but he's backwards... IT'S JUST STRANGE.

2. fuzzywuzzy

I think it's because he has a trans* daughter. He might not accept homosexuals, and I can only guess that he did not quite like transgender people at first. People tend to be more accepting for the things that happen in the family. You two are living under the same roof. So he has a choice. Either throw you out, because you're yourself and he doesn't like who you are(sounds rough and it's obvious that this isn't the case). Or deal with the fact that his beloved son is actually a girl,born in the wrong body, and just accept you.

3. Naren

Now this I have never seen. I imagine my dad would do something similar, if he knew.

4. SpitfireXSoarin

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow, that's interesting. You would think that it would be the same for both... very strange indeed.